I have always wanted to write a blog, and I thought that there is no better way than to begin with telling you about my amazing husband and the hilarious moments of our marriage. Daniel and I began dating all the way back in high school. To tell you the truth, we see different sides of the story. I remember being in band back in 8th grade with Daniel. I played the flute and Daniel played the trumpet. At the time there was no connection, he was just a goofy kid going through the changes any normal teenage boy would go through. Our freshman year we had a math class together, in which most of the year I spent annoyed by him due to his constant teasing. I remember Daniel asking me (but as any normal high school boy would do he had a friend ask me) to go to Harbor Cruise, in which I turned him down. Daniel denies this, and thus our different sides of the story. Our junior year of high school I began going to the same church that Daniel had attended his entire life. Through us being junior high leaders together and sparking up a friendship, I realized that this was the boy I wanted to marry. Daniel would never ask me out and was always telling everyone I was the girl you marry-not date. The beginning of our senior year Daniel finally asked me out, and we have been together now for over six years.
In college, we went our separate ways for a couple months as I attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo and Daniel went to San Diego State University. However, God worked wonders in our hearts and allowed us to mature and see that we were the only ones for each other.
We were married November 15, 2008. It was our five year anniversary, and it was perfect-my dream come true. Of course the "honeymoon" phase begins to dissipate and real life kicks in, and this is where we have truly grown the most not only as individuals but also as a couple. Daniel is my best friend, he understands me like no one else will, he is truly God's greatest gifts to me, and everyday I am so thankful for the hilarious man God has put into my life. We live in sunny San Diego. I am a kindergarten teacher and Daniel is a supervisor for Costco....and yes, we answer questions ALL the time about Costco, no matter where we go. This is where our story takes place. Us with very different schedules. Me trying to find myself in my job and also as a daughter of Christ, a wife, and one day a mother. When you think about it, there is a lot to live up to but I have such an understanding husband that is very supportive and leads us gracefully. When we get a moment to ourselves we love taking drives, it doesn't matter where we go, we just explore. We love to hike, go to the beach, find new frozen yogurt shops, and sight see in San Diego.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your love note!