Aug 17, 2010

Wanted: Normalcy

So, as I was thinking about my next post all I could think about was how badly I wanted life to calm down.  This summer has been great having the chance to see so many friends and family, but now I am ready for life to wind down...work to start...and a normal schedule to kick in.  This past week I was up in Ramona babysitting for my long-time family friends, the Barretts. 
Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me while I was there so this is the most recent picture I have of 2 of the 5 kids.  Every year the parents go to Vegas in August, and i step in as the babysitter and "chauffeur".  The five kids range from 5-16, and I love each and every one of them.  They are basically like my younger siblings because I have known them all since birth.  I made sure we had fun, we went swimming, to Balboa Park, the beach, and roasted s'mores!  But, it added onto the numerous nights away from home.  I don't know how all my world-traveling friends do it?!?!

I have just a couple more days left of my summer until I return back to work and begin my master's program, but much of my time has gone towards my classroom. 

My Goal:  Next Monday is a "Jamie" day!  No phones, no e-mails, just me, the beach, and relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...