Aug 24, 2010

Sew Lately...

My title isn't super original but you will see why it is in just a bit.  Today officially marked the day that work resumed.  I am thoroughly excited for this school year and to be back to work.  Leading up to today I have been trying to accomplish a lot and savor the time that I had to myself and others. 

Friday night was date night. We went to this great European bar in Pacific Beach.  It completely reminded me of Costa Rica because of the cool environment and outside patio.  We munched on tapas and relaxed to some great jazz music.  I can not wait to go back to this place with others, I loved it so much!

The past couple mornings have been amazing sweat sessions, which finally motivated me to start some new projects yesterday.
So sweaty after bootcamp!
I finally started cleaning out our second bedroom and figuring out how to move the furniture around to make it feel complete.  Right now it is basically our "throw it in there and shut the door" room.  We have a pull-out couch, bookshelves, and desk in there.  Plus, the walls are pretty dark due to my color choice a couple of years ago.  I had always had stark white walls in all of my homes growing up, so when I got to choose the color for this room I wanted something rich and pretty.  However, my lovely taupe turned out darker than expected and made the room feel much smaller.  Now that I have finally de-cluttered the room as much as I can, I can finally start attempting to decorate and make it much brighter.  Pictures to come soon!

My last project was curtains for my classroom, and I finished in a day and a half  :)   I have never really used a sewing machine, so my mom came over yesterday to give me a little run through and help me get everything measured.  I LOVE sewing!  I felt so accomplished when I finished them and can't wait to hang them up tomorrow.
I have become obsessed with blogs!  Through mine and others I have found so many on things I love, like cooking, exercising, and (attempting) crafts.  One in particular has completely motivated me to try some new recipes and I have already tried two and loved them both!  I got some fresh zucchini from my friend's garden and they are enormous!  Luckily I am cooking a dish tomorrow night for bible study that will use one whole one, or else I would be trying everything with zucchini.  Tonight I made a polenta pizza.  I know that this does not sound appetizing at all at first, but the taste completely surprised me.  Really, the only reason I decided to include it in my blog was because of the magnificent aroma that was coming from my oven tonight as it baked and the delicious taste that went with it.  I made mine with arugula, onions, zucchini, chicken, parmesan, and gruyere cheese.
Can't wait to try more recipes and finish our room!

2 comments:

  1. Jamie, I'm obsessed with blogs right now too! Below are some really good ones that I've been following:

    http://www.promisetangemanblog.com/

    http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

    http://www.vintagesociety.com/archive/

    http://pennyweightonline.blogspot.com/

    http://www.ilovelolliblog.com/

    http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/

    Cheers!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how did I forget this one? Lovely.
    http://ohmydeerhandmades.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...