Well, all of the goodies have been baked, the presents are packed into the trunk, and our Christmas attire is laying neatly on our beds. It is now time for the madness to ensue!!! Maybe I'm exaggerating just a touch. Every year we are very blessed to have family live so close to us (30 minutes away). However, our parents only live 5 minutes apart from each other. So, each Christmas we spend time making multiple trips back and forth on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so that each family gets us equal time. Let me tell you.....it's exhausting!
However, Daniel and I always count our blessings and remember how fortunate we are that our family is alive, healthy, and so close.
Before all of the madness ensues, some holiday baking was needed!

Chocolately Peantuty Rice Crispy Treats
However, Daniel and I always count our blessings and remember how fortunate we are that our family is alive, healthy, and so close.
Before all of the madness ensues, some holiday baking was needed!
Chocolately Peantuty Rice Crispy Treats
I couldn't keep my hands out of the granola! This year I wanted to make little gifts for friends, co-workers, and family. In the past I would have baked a storm making biscotti, sugar cookies, snicker doodles, etc. I wanted to try something a tad bit healthier because I know how my fingers wander when I'm baking. If you were a lucky recipient of my granola, I hope you enjoyed!
Now that it is Christmas Eve I am a little disappointed that I never iced one sugar cookie or rolled any snicker doodles. I'm sure that between the two families and their friends, a sugar cookie will be in the crowd somewhere.
Since it is Christmas Eve I did want to share a little memory:
The best Christmas was when I was about 10 years old. I was the oldest of the three children and I would always be the one who couldn't sleep the night before. I would lie awake in bed and listen for the hooves of Rudolph or the sounds that Santa was near. In the morning, I would pop out of bed by at least 5am and then wake up my brother and sister. We would wait patiently for Mom to get her cup of coffee and Dad to wipe away the sleepies from his eyes. This year we each got brand new bikes, and they were on the back porch. I was in charge of opening the blinds. As soon as the blinds were half-way open, we saw the bikes, and in the midst of my excitement I began to close the blinds shut! We spent the rest of the day playing on our bikes and trying not to fall over.
The last thing I wanted to share was a verse that always reminds me why we celebrate Christmas:
"But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior had been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you; you will find a baby wrapped in clothes lying in a manger." (Luke 2:10-12)








Mmm....that granola looks delicious and healthy. Looks so good. I'm ready for healthy now. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete