Dec 11, 2010

Patience

 Being a kindergarten teacher definitely teaches you something...patience!

Patience when that student has to go to the bathroom again right before we are leaving for recess.

Patience for the meltdowns when someone took your place in line.

Patience when...well this week there has been a lot of patient moments in my classroom.  Fortunately patience is one of those characteristics that carries on throughout all aspect of your life.

Patience met me this morning when I attempted to upload pictures through Blogger.  Expecting the dooming message that has plagued me the past few weeks (hence, minimal posts recently) I shyly clicked the "upload images" button.

Patience paid off and I successfully could upload pictures!!!  Sadly, I have had to have a lot of patience with everything else so the camera has not been with me much these past few weeks.

Patience met me yesterday at SDSU's library where the noise volume was out of control!  All this girl wanted to do was write her research paper.  Sadly, my patience only lasted one and a half hours there until I relocated to the comfort of my own home.  The paper is in its revising stages!  It is a little crazy writing this paper.  It takes me back to my undergrad days, where APA was like the back of my hand, and staying up late was definitely possible. Do you see the time on our clock...



That is the time that my husband and I fall asleep now!  We keep asking eachother, "What has happened to us?!?!".  We attribute it to waking up at 5am, working longs days, and just being too cool for the late hours of the  night!

Patience also paid off for me yesterday when this little beauty was playing in my car last night on our way to dinner.  We have become big Glee fans and are now able to accept it and announce it!  Lots of hints were dropped to Daniel every time the soundtrack commercials came on.  Oh yes, my patience definitely paid off when I opened the door to a beautiful bouquet of flowers and my new CD.  He's a keeper!


I don't know if there are any more patience lessons learned or gained in these past few days, but being able to finally finish a paper and catch up on lots of school work allowed for a little date night.  Except, what began  as a grand dream of a wonderful restaurant about 30 minutes away ended up at a 10 minute drive away restaurant due to an accident on the freeway and grumbling tummies.

And it snowed in San Diego!!!!  Just kidding...I had lots of fun this morning playing on Picasa and editing pictures.  I "winterized" and "snowed" out this picture.  We enjoyed some delicious hot cocoa last night and fell asleep to a movie.  If only it snowed in San Diego.  One of these days I will have a White Christmas.

"Pack your patience today."  My wonderful and inspiring mother has told me this for years, and she is a very wise woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...