To say these past few weeks were busy would be an understatement. Last weekend I was out of town (again) for a conference for work. It was a blast, but I was so excited today to wake up on a Saturday morning in my bed!!! I was able to finally get on my hands and knees and do some deep cleaning in our kitchen. It put a smile on my face. I also made a few changes on our blog which I hope you will enjoy!
My deepest apologies for not posting any new recipes from the LaFuze household this past month, but I am here today to show you a LaFuze favorite. We love it because it is extremely versatile, delicious, and cheap.
First, you brown your meat. We have used ground beef, turkey, and chicken.
While that is going, cut and clean out your peppers. If I have time I like to boil them for 5 minutes to make them softer. However, they soften up when you bake them.
Chop up your onions...I need goggles! I am the worst with onions, I cry like a baby.
Then, chop up your garlic, zucchini, and basil.
Saute it all in a large pan over medium heat.
When onions are tender, add your diced tomatoes and any other seasonings that you would like.
I used 1/2 a cup of Trader Joe's brown rice. Stir that into your mixture and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
Then, fill them up and try not to eat any leftover mixture in the process.
We add a little bit of fresh parmesan on top. Can you tell which one is Daniel's??? He LOVES the cheese!
Then, bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes (until peppers are soft and cheese is melted). This is the perfect complete meal for us. Sometimes I make brussel sprouts or squash on the side. The best part is the versatility!







Just found this recipe on Pinterest, and I made them for a friend and myself for a night in. One word- AWESOME! :)
ReplyDelete