Mar 14, 2011

March Mayhem

Can you believe that it is already the middle of March?!?!  I feel as though I blinked and 2011 is already a fourth of the way over!  Before I jump the gun, I must say that I am loving March.  February was way too busy and chaotic...March is being a great fiend to me.  
Last weekend I finally was able to sleep in on a Saturday morning, in my own bed!  I was a very happy lady.  Saturday night was spent celebrating one of my co-worker's birthdays, so I had to get ready with this little lady:
 
I also went dark!  I got my hair done and it is D-A-R-K, but I am loving it.  Hopefully you feel the same.  If not, some things are just better left unsaid :)
This past week we busy as usual with work, school, crazy happenings, and a conference that I had to attend.  Once Friday got here, I knew the weekend was going to be great.  But first I have to share what this picture is all about. 
Any guesses????
Well, Friday was a pizza party in my classroom and Daniel was off work so he came and delivered our pizza.  After he decided to teach the kids how to play "heads up seven up".  They loved him and the game, I think my little girls were in heaven.  It made my day to see him be so cute with them.  One little girl guessed Daniel picked her because "she felt a big hand on her little hand". 
Friday night was date night and we enjoyed some very delicious sushi!  I finally was able to convince Daniel to try sushi and he loves it!  Did I mention that we went to dinner at 5:30pm?  I think that was the earliest we have ever been to dinner!
We ended the night with a pajama party, "Due Date", and a delicious glass of wine!  I love Fridays!
Saturday I was busy taking care of my adorable niece and helping out my sister-in-law.  Then, we went over to the future Bombach household and took part in an amazing feast!  This pretty lady is getting married in July, and it feels like the time is going to fly by!
Joey made some savory fish tacos, and Andrea helped with fresh guacamole, salsa, and a slaw salad.  We loved every bite of it!
Then we got down to business with Rummikub (only our all time favorite game).  I am trying to forget the fact that I was nodding off the entire game, I was exhausted.  Daniel made team LaFuze proud and won the game!
Oh, I forgot to mention one new addition to the LaFuze household.  Do you see that thing above Daniel's lip?  Although it may look like a chocolate milk mustache, I will acknowledge the fact that it is finally growing on me.  Daniel is taking part in Mustache March for work, and has been working on it diligently now for almost three week.
Sunday morning I was up WAY too early (4:50am) to cheer on Colleen at her Safari Half Marathon.  It was fun to see her throughout the race and cheer her on at the finish line.  She is in the bright pink shirt!  It also made me miss the half marathon that I did last year.  The anxious belly before hand tackled by the amazing feeling of sweet success as you cross the finish line.  I have thought about doing another half, but am really enjoying shorter runs and strength training.  We' shall see.  In the meantime I will gladly wake up ridiculously early to cheer on a great friend!
Hope your March has been as blessed as mine!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best Jamie!!! Thanks for coming to cheer me on. You win the #1 friend award :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...