Sep 12, 2012

2 ingredient pancake

Are you ready for your mind to be blown?  

I made a pancake with 2 ingredients! YES, just two :)  Egg + banana.

Credit must be given to Carrots n' Cake's original recipe.  When I first read that she made a pancake using one banana and one egg saying I was intrigued would be an understatement.  I tried it out but it didn't hold together very well.  The next day I was on a mission to make it better so I added another egg and, my oh my, was it divine! 

In my food processor I blended the banana and eggs. 

Next, I heated 1 tsp. of coconut oil over medium heat.  Then I poured in my "batter". 

It definitely needs to cook on low-medium heat for at least 5 minutes before attempting to flip it.  I push in the edges first to see if it's ready.  Make sure the middle is bubbling, showing that it is cooked enough to be flipped.  When it's ready flip and cook for another 5 minutes. 

I know you might be skeptical at this point about how it must taste.  If you like bananas and pancakes you will love this!  I like to top mine with almond butter and a little bit of agave as "syrup".  The best part-it keeps me full for just about 4 hours and the taste is amazing! 


Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. that is awesome! I am trying that this weekend!! yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also try to add in the almond butter into the recipe, a spoonful is enough and I add some chocolate protein powder as well. I usually do 2 bananas for every 1 egg. They are so tasty and my kids love them. I have never seen one huge pancake before, I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...