Mar 23, 2013

when the lights go out...

Welp, there's really no specific meaning to this blog title other than the fact that it popped into my head on my run this morning.  That has a tendency to happen.  And then, all of a sudden, I was singing Journey...in my head...on my run...and that's how life goes.  And while on my run, I thought of this.  

The blog.  

The blog that has been neglected for quite some time.

And I think it has been a really good thing, to be honest.  To take some time away.  To take a breath.  To reevaluate.  To get back to what makes me feel whole.  And after that break, that seemed to last quite a bit longer than originally planned, I found myself thinking "I should blog about this".  Over and over again, that would come to my mind.  And then I would tell myself, "No Jamie, it's just one more thing, you don't have time".  And my inner self would pout for just a bit, and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this is my passion.

I have a story.

You have a story. 

This blog may not have a set purpose, a strict intent.  You won't find the latest recipe, whether that be gluten free, vegan, paleo, or whatever you find yourself eating these days. 
You won't find me posing in stylish clothes.
You won't find me explaining how to recreate that adorable treasure from Anthropologie on a dime.  

What you will find is a girl, with a heart, who loves finding the little blessings and joys in life.  Whether that be in a recipe, an outfit, a DIY project, a workout.  It may be in the hurts and struggles in life.  It may be in the celebrations. 

So here I stand with a promise:
I promise that this blog will be intentional.
I promise that this blog will be real and raw.
I promise that this blog will be authentic.
I promise to share with you my strengths, weaknesses, and sometimes meaningless things that just make my smile. 
I promise to treasure each and every person that stops by.





2 comments:

  1. JAMIE!! I'm so glad you are back. I really do think about you and pray for your often and would love to know how you are doing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're blogging again! Not that I want you to be stressed about it, but I do enjoy reading about what you're up to! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...