Nov 24, 2013

35 weeks

I can start counting on one hand how much longer we have until our due date!  Seriously?!?!  

Things are starting to feel a bit "off" now.  I'm having some bad ligament pain all around my hips and pelvis and starting dedicating some time each night to do cat/cow on my hands and knees to help stretch it out.  I attempted a prenatal yoga video I found on YouTube last weekend.  Let's just say that the lady's voice coupled with the cheesy music made it difficult for me to take it seriously.  

Walking is my new workout, which is something I'm still coping with.  I'm going to give swimming laps a try this week, as long as I can find a bathing suit I can squeeze into.  

I think I had my first braxton hicks this week, there was definitely a balling up sensation in the front of my stomach that was a different sensation than the normal movements our squirmy baby makes.  My midwife said that if she were to hook me up to the monitor, I probably would be already having contractions that I'm just not feeling.  This definitely made things get real-real fast!  I keep thinking that we have until our due date, December 25th, but after I hit full term in a week and a half, anything can happen.  This makes me feel many things: excited/anxious/stressed/scared....  Right now I'm taking it one day at a time, trying to tackle each little task, and not get overwhelmed over the "lists" that I have everywhere.  

My midwife this week listened to his heartbeat and kept calling him and my pregnancy "perfect".  Every time I go to the doctor's, I just feel an instant feeling of peace, and my midwife is a true angel.  She felt around, and baby is head-down.  Now I'm praying that he stays that way!  She also said he's probably just about 6 pounds now, and will be about 7 lbs. when it's game time.  Little man-please don't get too much bigger than that :)

I haven't divulged a lot about our plans for delivery, and it deserves a complete post all to itself.  But, I would truly love to have a natural birth and we are preparing for such.  Right now we are half-way through our Hypnobabies home study and I love every part of it.  This approach has an incredible positive view on pregnancy and birth, and teaches you relaxation techniques through self-hypnosis.  I'm pretty much in love with it, and already have had so many fears and worries fade away as the thought about giving birth comes to mind.  More to come, I promise! 

I'm a bit emotional and get weepy over little things.  One of the most special moments we have been having over and over again is the baby's reaction to the Mr's voice.  The minute that he says his name, our little guy starts moving and squirming around.  Then, the Mr. proceeds to tell him a story or a random fact from our day, and he continues to wiggle around inside.  This definitely brings the tears on, so many tears! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jamie, it's Becky (Brewer) from way back when! I love reading your updates! Good luck on your natural birth! I also had a natural birth, but I just totally winged it and it was really hard, but I would definitely do it again! I know you're going to be an amazing mama! I'm super excited for you and Dan!

    -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!
    He's almost here!!
    Praying for a quick and "easy" delivery!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...