Goals. I have had a love hate relationship with goals. On one hand they inspire you to be a better you, whether it is accomplishing something or putting another into practice. On the other hand, they hold you accountable and also show you where you didn't measure up if you don't accomplish said goals. So I think I have been hiding from goals recently for this fact. And I've used excuses such as "Oh, well I'm going to have a baby then" or "I just had a baby and life just isn't the same" to not create goals of my own.
Recently I've felt the need to see action in my life and so I can no longer hide behind my excuses…goals are coming. But I've put a lot of thought into goals because I don't want to feel like a failure at the end of the month. For this reason, goals need to be attainable and they also need to be measurable to some extent.
March seems like the perfect time to start making monthly goals and I'm also okay with the fact that these may spill into next month as well. March feels fresh and new to me, maybe it's because we finally got a good amount of rain in San Diego and now things are greener than they were before. So I'm starting out small but hope to blog about my goals each month to keep me moving forward in this beautiful life!
1. Organize our closet. Currently it is somewhat organized, but that doesn't mean I'm quite ready to show a picture yet. The part that I absolutely can't stand is how messy it gets and our system that seemed to work at one point just isn't working now. I'd love to walk into my closet and feel clean and fresh, but frustrated and disheveled.
2. Give up Starbucks. I love coffee, and I especially love going out to get coffee. Fortunately, having a baby slows that down quite a bit, but I've still managed to find any opportunity to fit it in somewhere. I also have this deep desire to spend less and give more lately, and I think that having self control in this area will show us financially where we have more money to give and be generous for the Lord.
3. Run 3 times a week. This goal has a number but I don't want to be completely strapped to it. More than anything I want to start running again and feel good doing it. Right now my gate feels a bit awkward and I'm not anywhere close to my pre-baby running pace, so I'd like to just start small. It doesn't matter how long or how far, I just want to try and get out there at least three times a week.
4. Have an intentional conversation with a friend once a week. Being intentional means a lot to me! So I want to set aside time, away from the babe, to focus on the people God has surrounded me with and pour into them.
5. Read one book. And it won't be on parenting, sleeping patterns, feedings, baby milestones… No, it will just be a book that I can get lost in, relax into, and spend some time with me.
I can't wait to come back next month to tell you how I did!








Can't wait to hear what book you chose!
ReplyDeleteDon't we all need to give up Starbucks! Ha They take so much of my money, but it's sooo good! Cant wait to see what book you read. :)
ReplyDeleteNumber 4 - LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteLove the differentiating between a normal conversation and an intentional one! I think it's time to make that a priority in my life too!!!
ReplyDelete