Mar 5, 2014

nathan james: 2 months

How can this little guy already be 2 months old?  I must say that I am loving this stage that he is in right now.  It is so beautiful to see him develop and grow.  Each day seems like he is doing something new, and as much as I wish he would slow down a bit I take hope knowing that his little body is doing what it is supposed to do. 

Growing// We had our two month appointment last Friday and he weighed in at a whopping 13 lbs. 7 oz.  He is almost doubled his birth weight!  Say what?!?!? This definitely made me a bit sad, but also explained why my arms get tired quickly.  His head is still amazingly large (definitely gets that from me) and his legs are shorter and adorable.  His head and neck are getting so strong, and he even rolled over this morning!  Mind you, he was on our bed and had a little help but he is definitely getting the hang of it which makes me want to cry just a bit. 

Eating & Sleeping// Nathan has no problem what so ever getting enough to eat and keeping it down.  He's definitely caused me some pain, and I've already had a few milk blisters and a clogged milk duct.  So. Not. Fun.  I'm just so thankful that he hasn't had any issues putting on weight or getting enough to eat.  Nathan loves to fight sleep during the day like it's an olympic event.  He eats right about every three hours.  And I've done by best to follow his schedule and let him lead, which he has done amazingly.  He usually eats at 7pm at night, falls asleep laughing at the lights projected on our ceiling, and then wakes up anywhere between 1-3am and again between 4-5am.  There have been two nights this past month where he has only woken up once, and I pray that it happens again the next night to no avail.  

Loving// Nathan loves smiling!  He wakes up smiling and has begun squealing, our little version of a laugh.  He also loves blowing bubbles, which is a new development.  At night we always do a baby massage with lavender oil and coconut oil which he is a big fan of.  Especially when I get to his feet.  I just rub his feet and sing "You Are My Sunshine" and he is in heaven.  I savor that moment every single night.  He also loves his bath time, especially when he decides to tinkle in the middle of it.  Nathan loves when daddy comes home from work and as soon as he hears his voice his eyes grow wide and he just smiles.  Swoon! 

Loathing// Nathan is not a fan of gas.  At all.  There was a solid week there when he would wake up around 5:30 in the morning with a bad case of the toots.  He'd toot, then cry, then toot, then cry.  Luckily we've gotten past that but he's still not a fan.  He also does not like tummy time that lasts more than a couple minutes.  Car rides are finally starting to become okay with him, but he definitely knows when the car has come to a stop and will let you know he disapproves.  I'd also add he doesn't like to stay asleep for more than 20-30 minutes at a time during the day.  
Oh, and shots…but who likes those???  There were tears, even by mama. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...