Dec 28, 2010

We Survived!

Good morning from sunny Arizona!  I wish that the above picture was a true representation of where I am at right now.  Sadly, it is not snowing here and rarely ever does.  My dreams of a white Christmas will have to wait until another year.  However, I am in Arizona visiting my sweet and amazing grandma as well as my aunt and cousins.

Survival seems to be the theme of our lives right now. 
First, we survived our year of Four Christmases!  Yes, you heard correctly...FOUR!  HERE is where it is all explained but I will go a little more in depth.  We started with Christmas Eve at the LaFuze residence where all of my mother-in-laws side of the family gathered for fun, food, and lots of catching up.  Then, we stayed the night at my parents house to enjoy the magic of Christmas morning.  I found myself reminiscing constantly over the good old days when I believed in Santa and how magical the morning was when stockings were filled and presents were piled high.  Then, we went to visit the Barretts.  Next visit was to my step-dad's sisters house to enjoy another meal and visit with family.  Lastly, we relaxed at the LaFuze's, opened gifts, had Brinner, and played games.  By the end of the night we were EXHAUSTED!!!  Even thought the hustle and bustle of all of our visits and gatherings, we still never forget the reason for the season. 
(Pictures coming soon!)

Daniel had another incident with his cell phone and it was either stolen or lost.  With me leaving town we have resorted to communicating through Facebook messages which I get on my phone.  We are slowly surviving the little hiccups that life brings you.

Then, as we arrived to the airport we were greeted with the lovely DELAYED sign next to my flight :(  My saving grace was having our car still at the airport so we enjoyed the water front views from Harbor Island until it was time for me to head back to the airport.

I am now happily settled into Arizona and enjoying some one-on-one time with my grandma.  Today is my aunt's birthday so are heading over to her house shortly to make her dinner and celebrate!  Family brings much happiness to my life!

"Count your blessings, not your troubles."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good holiday season. Good stuff, though! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...