Luckily I had a craving for oats and the mindset to make things simple this week! So, I started perusing through my new favorite cookbook: The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook. I LOVE her recipes because they are moderately simple, very "clean", healthy, and the pictures entice me to try a lot of the recipes. I picked out two recipes for our menu this week that use our Crock Pot (a.k.a. my New Best Friend!). This porridge recipes called for a variety of grains and looked super simple, so I decided it was a must try for the week. Plus, it would leave me with lots of leftovers which will make my morning breakfast routine very quick and simple. (Simple is my new best friend, too!)
I couldn't find two of the ingredients so I substituted a little, but here you go!
Crock-Pot Porridge
1/2 c. wheat berries
1 1/2 c. steel-cut oats
1/2 c. brown rice
3/4 c. wheat germ
6 1/2 c. water (I used 3. cups almond milk and the rest water)
3/4 c. dried cranberries
2 T. vanilla
pinch nutmeg
Place all ingredients in a 3-quart crock-pot. Stir to combine all ingredients.
Look at all of these grains!
I loved waking up the next morning with breakfast already to go! I enjoyed mine with half of a banana and a teaspoon of apple butter. It was surprisingly sweet even before the apple butter, and the mixture of oats and grains was excellent. Also, it kept me full for hours!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your love note!