Jun 13, 2011

can you crow?

I was never very athletic.  My parents put me in soccer with high hopes at the young age of 7.  I'm pretty sure I proved to them that they did not pass down any athletic abilities.  It wasn't until I was in college that fitness finally agreed with me.  I mainly run and do strength training with some occasional boot camps.  Lately I have  been fascinated with yoga.  It all started on Teacher Appreciation Day.  A parent at our school, who is an amazing yoga instructor, offered to teach a class to the teachers for free in the morning.  I couldn't pass it up because I knew she was a great instructor.  I was hooked after that one class!  This past week I challenged myself mentally and physically and attempted to postures, the crow and a headstand.  And can you believe it, I did them both!  Okay, so it wasn't like I popped right up but with a little help I was able to get into each posture.  Naturally, it took me several tries and I'm still working on my balance.  So if you come over randomly I just may be trying to stand on my head in the living room.  Accept it and love it!

Now, of course I had to somehow hurt myself in the process.  As I was doing the crow pose, my knees feel out over my arms and my right knee hit the floor pretty hard.  Hard enough for it to hurt all weekend and hard enough for me to feel slightly embarrassed that I got hurt doing yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...