Feb 18, 2012
it is well...
Well, it finally happened. I was driving home from an extremely long and exhausting day and the tears came on-everything was racing in my head: my to-do list for work, my to-do list for school, my to-do list for the house...
The stress of grad school and teaching full-time finally came down on me these past two weeks. I had been trying to so hard to keep the balance but it slowly started crumbling apart. It felt as though someone had hit the fast-forward button on line. I knew there was only one thing I could do: pray. Pray for God's wisdom, guidance, love, support, balance, and HOPE. And then I stumbled upon this little beauty on Pinterest and my mind instantly remembered singing this hymn at church, feeling God's hope and love, and knowing that everything is going to be okay.
Right now it feels like everything is raining down on me-but it is well. It may be raining but there is so much of God's love and beauty for me to redirect my thoughts onto so that I see it's not the end of the world. When everything feels like it's falling apart or there is no balance in the chaos it is far too easy to try and fix everything on my own. We all know that that only makes matters worse. We can't fix anything but God can. He can restore the balance, provide me with HOPE that balance will come, and show me what needs to be placed on the back burner until balance and peace is restored.
Sadly, blogging went on the back burner this week and it was pretty sad. I missed looking at everyone's blogs, leaving little love notes, catching up, and sharing bits of our lives with you. Luckily this weekend is a four day weekend (YAY!!!) so I'm crossing my fingers to finally catch up around here...I may have a few recipes up my sleeve that I'm dying to post! I'm also on the lookout for a great blog makeover so if you have any good tutorials just send them my way!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain."
ReplyDeleteI will be praying that this weekend God brings you some peace and helps you "balance" everything out.
I love you and you are so strong...you just need to remember that!
xoxo
Hoping the "rain" stops for you soon! It's never fun feeling like that but isn't it great when there's something so little that reminds you it's only temporary?
ReplyDeleteJamie I'm sorry it was such a rough week! It does seem like things all pile up at one time. I hope that you are able to relax this weekend and trust that God has everything in His control.
ReplyDeleteAwww, my new friend I totally understand. Thankfully we have a God who give us the grace sufficient when it seems to just get too overwhelming. Hugs to you.
ReplyDeleteI read the title of this post in my google reader and the song instantly starting playing in my head.
ReplyDeleteI pray that He will bring you peace, patience with your schoolwork and teaching, wisdom in making the right decisions in these areas, and comfort when times get overwhelming.
:) keep your chin up my friend!