My body has proudly proclaimed, "You're done". And just to make sure that I got the picture it knocked me down with a cold.
My days are getting longer and the nights are getting shorter. Sometimes I just wish that I could add more hours into my day. And so, I'm way behind on my sleep and exhausted. Then let's add this past weekend into the mix. Here's the stitch:
A dear friend from college is getting married next month and her bridal shower and bachelorette party was this past weekend up in San Francisco. To make sure that I didn't miss work and had time to get back into the swing of things, the trip was super fast. Like snap your fingers and don't blink twice, it's done! I fly out of San Diego Friday night at 9:30pm and arrived in San Jose. Kelly (aka: the cutest pregnant lady ever) so graciously let us stay with her and her sweet family.
The next day I woke up at 8:45am and threw myself out of bed. You know when you sleep in and realize that you're way behind on schedule? That was the feeling I had. Luckily everyone else was in the mood for a lazy morning and we enjoyed the rest of the morning sipping coffee, catching up on life, and oogling over Kelly's adorable daughter, Eva.
We headed out to the bridal shower. What a beautiful celebration for an amazing bride! These girls really brighten my life and it was amazing to all be in the same place again.
Once the shower was over, we all piled into cars with our over night bags and drove to San Francisco for the bachelorette party.
Of course there were some grand shenanigans and games in the hotel room (which I'll spare you from seeing). We headed out to a fun little bar by fisherman's wharf. But before, I decided to see what I'd look like when I'm pregnant one day....
Kelly's 7 months pregnant and it looks like I'm ready to pop with twins!
That night I got 4 hours of sleep, popped up wide away Sunday morning, and flew home at 9am. As much as I tried, I couldn't beat the fact that my body was exhausted. I had officially run it ragged. And Monday night the sniffles came on followed by the feeling like my head was going to explode. Tuesday was a doozy as I made my way through the day. Fortunately, my second graders were angels and made my day nice and easy.
And today I called in a sub and stayed home sick from work. I'm always that girl that thinks she can do everything, including not missing work when you're sick. But there's some things that I'm working on: taking care of my self is my top priority. This means taking a day to rest, recuperate, and get better versus working and never feeling 100%. This also means learning when to say "no" and not overcommit myself. This also means not kicking yourself for missing your workout for the day. Taking care of myself is my new top priority. So I stayed in my jammies all day, watched too much TV until I was tired of it, drinking tea like it was going out of style...and throwing in a load of laundry because I just had to move. And tonight as I write this I'm feeling so much better. My body is thanking me for taking the day to rest.








So glad you chose to take care of yourself. Sometimes all you need is a true day of rest, which it sounds like you got! I've tried to be extra attentive to my body during this pregnancy when I'm needing sleep or vegetables or water or just a day off! xoxoxoxo hope you're back to 100% soon
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures from your short weekend with friends. Sometimes a short weekend with your girlfriends is exactly what you need.
ReplyDeleteSorry you got sick, but I hope you're feeling 100% better!! Have a good weekend Jamie :)