Apr 23, 2013

my hair must-haves

I love my hair!  And that may sound a little forward of me to say, but out of everything it is the one thing that I have that makes me feel good.  And I think it's important for us to embrace the parts of us that make us feel good about ourselves.  However, it is thick.  And that definitely comes with downsides. 

We seem to always want what we don't have.  When I was younger I remember begging my mom for a perm, but a soft perm..so I could have curly hair all of the time.  Thank you, mom, for NEVER letting me do this.  We have straight hair?  Curly is the answer!  Blonde?  Let's go brown!  Well, I haven't wished for thin hair yet, but it is getting close.  Let me enlighten you on the downsides of thick hair:

-in 6th grade you offically have to get your hair "styles"-layers and all
-blow drying your hair should be a sport because you're a sweaty mess afterwards
-"doing your hair" requires at least 40 minutes
-no matter how many bobby pins you put in that chignon, it is going to fall any minute
-hair ties constantly break on you in the middle of putting your hair in a pony tail
-hair ties have to go around 3 times, not 2, 3 because then it will stay
-it is obvious to you when it's is a month out from needing a hair cut, it's heavy, it does nothing, and it is begging for those thinning shears!  

Lately my hair has looked like this because I'm in desperate need of a hair cut (dear Saturday, can you be tomorrow???)

Well I do have a couple tricks up my sleeve and I wanted to share with you the two latest products I have been introduced to that I swear I would take with me on a deserted island.  

Loreal Mythic Oil:  This is like the answer to my prayers.  I blow my dry until it's half way dry, then put one pump in my hands and brush my hands through my hair.  It makes my hair much more manageable when I'm blow drying.  When my hair is dry, I can also put it on, and it takes all the frizz away and my curls just lay perfectly.  

Bio Ionic Blow Dryer:  My mom got this for me as a birthday present, and she ordered it through our hair dresser.  The tagline for this blow dryer is "a conditioner on a cord".  Oh.  My. Word.  This costs a pretty penny and it is worth every cent!  It cuts down on my dry time, and makes it so manageable.  It leaves my hair soft and smooth.  And you better believe that it travels with me.  Hotel blow dryers just don't count.  

6 comments:

  1. Ionic Blow Dryers are the truth!!!! Think I am gonna check out that mythic oil too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these products are going on my must-have list.
    I love your hair Jamie..everytime I see you, I am obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE your hair!! it is beautiful!!! I have such thin hair - it only takes me about 5 minutes to blow dry, but I think I may trade the extra time for your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is beautiful! I too have super thick hair and totally relate to the downsides of having thick hair! But, I also love my hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you talked about that hair dryer back when we all met up in november and i really really want to try that sucker and how i wish i needed thinning shears for my hair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome for not letting you have the perm. I'm so glad that you didn't inherit my thin hair. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...