I can't believe that I'm here, writing that today is our 5 year wedding anniversary. Just looking back at our wedding pictures brings tears to me eyes, seeing the beauty behind how much love two people have for one another, and to see how much God has blessed us in our marriage.
It was 10 years ago today that this cute boy that I was mad about in high school asked me if we wanted to be "official" in front of the movie theaters.
It was 10 years ago that he held my hand after junior prom, and I thought I could die. I was complete in that moment.
And it was 5 years ago today that he help my hand, as his wife, and walked me into one amazing marriage.
The other night we were talking about our "5 year plan" and how crazy it was that so much has actually happened, and that those 5 years are up and another plan is ready to unfold.
In the last 5 years we have...
fallen more and more in love with one another,
learned what it truly means to love and respect each other,
laughed so hard that we both were balls on the kitchen floor,
have prayed more for one another than we thought possible,
had the hardest years in our jobs,
encouraged and supported one another through a grueling master's program,
bought a condo,
learned how to be patient and love the other even when it is difficult,
let go of expectations to become a better spouse,
found that each year of marriage just gets better and better,
cried over disappointments and let downs,
smiled more than we thought possible,
and are now preparing for the biggest blessing yet, a baby boy.
My dearest Daniel- you continue to show me what it means to truly love someone, to love unconditionally, to be kind, gentle, and patient. You are the one person who always knows how to make me smile, who understands me sometimes better than I knew possible, and who will always be my better half. "I love you" doesn't come close to express my love for you and I can't wait to see how God continues to bless us!











5 years?? WOW! Happy Anniversary to you and Daniel! I hope you have a wonderful anniversary weekend with lots of fun plans!
ReplyDelete