Whew! What a week. Actually, I think we can just call it as we see it...what a season! Fall is definitely turning up to be a busy season for us, whether it be at work or at home. Each day feels like I'm trying to catch my breath, but I hold onto the hope of some down time once our little bundle of joy arrives in two months. I'm sure you might be laughing that I call it "down time", but can I just say that I'm excited for late night feedings and cozy clothes versus going to work each day?
Today I'm here to be pretty raw and truthful with you. And I'm sure that I am not the first girl to come along saying this as well. Being pregnant definitely makes you deal with some issues, mainly body issues. It seems to come in waves. Some days I love the way my body has been changing and transforming to provide life to a baby. Then there are other days where I'm near tears wining to the Mr. that I'm just fat. He, of course, laughs at me and tells me "you're growing a baby inside of you" and because he is so good to me, always knows the perfect thing to say to put a smile on my face.
Yesterday I was reminded that your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to be doing, it is providing nutrients that your baby needs, and that you need to appreciate your pregnant body. Appreciate this body-this changing body-this body that is nurturing and caring for a little boy-this body that is still able to do so much and provides me with strength and energy to get through the day.
This body is not a punching bag. It is absolutely beautiful!
So whenever I see those stretch marks, those hips that are packing it on a little bit more, I'm going to try my hardest to banish those thoughts. Leave them at the door and appreciate this beautiful body of mine that is doing so much good.
Just for fun I wanted to share with you my amazing teacher friends dressed up yesterday...









you are SO cute! and I definitely struggled with that too. even now when I still feel like my body is not mine and may not ever be the same. I try to remind myself the amazing thing that it did and how worth it, it was.
ReplyDelete