Dec 16, 2013

38 weeks

Well, folks, I officially feel like a house.  This little boy has been growing nice and healthy inside of me.  And now wherever I go, everyone asks me when I'm due.  I'm pretty sure that the crazy waddle/limp I have going on is to blame, but it is definitely a change.  People no longer look at your eyes, they look at your belly.  And I wish that I had a hidden camera to take pictures of people's reactions when I tell them I'm due on Christmas day.  

This week things are feeling about the same.  My right hip is extremely painful, and I started going to the chiropractor 2-3 times a week.  My fingers are crossed that the chiropractor gets my pelvis lined up nicely so this baby drops and things start progressing.  I also got a prenatal massage last week, and wish that I could get one everyday.  It was pure bliss!  

I think we are finally feeling ready.  We had the car seat inspected and learned how to install it in our car.  If you're in the San Diego area, I highly recommend doing this with any of your car seats!  It is through Kohl's and Children's Hospital, and it was super informative and helpful.  I now feel prepared to strap our little guy into the car seat and drive home with him! It is a little surreal still walking up to my car and seeing a car seat in the back seat, but it also makes me smile like crazy. 

I'm sleeping great, and finally have been able to sleep in a bit.  Usually this would make me feel guilty, as I'm a morning person and think about all of the things I could've been doing instead of sleeping.  I know that this will be the only time I get for a very long time to sleep in and just relax, so I'm soaking up each moment of it.  I also think that the fact that I've been staying active throughout my pregnancy has helped with my sleeping as well.  

Each little twinge of pain makes me wonder if I'm having a contraction, and Daniel constantly asks how I'm feeling.  I'm praying for loving patience through the next two weeks, as we are now just in the waiting game!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...