Guess who is already one week old?!?! I can't believe how fast this week has flown by. I thought I'd share how we are doing as a family of three. This past week has been absolutely perfect and beautiful. Daniel has 5 weeks off from work, and we are soaking up each moment of it. I'm forever grateful that he was able to take so much time off, as it is a great asset to have him as we learn how to take care of our little guy and also give me a hand so I can squeeze in some rest.
This past week we have experienced:
-our first smiles (which typically come right after nursing as he starts dozing off into "milk coma" land)
-our first doctor's appointment, which made me want to cry seeing him so sad getting undressed..I can only imagine what shots are going to do to me
-our first trip to Costco! After seeing the quality of pictures from my mom's DSLR camera we decided that it was about time to make the investment and make Nathan the most photographed baby. Best. Purchase. Ever.
-our first trip to Target! Of course Nathan loved it just as much as his mommy.
-wearing Nathan in the Ergo Baby and my Happy Wrap, both of which he loves
-I've officially been "fire hosed" and popped on now
-family walks, which are becoming a part of our morning routine now. Nathan LOVES his carseat, a huge answer to prayers! We like to walk to the nearby park with our coffee. Daniel and I love this time because we start going over our day and we find ourselves making a list of all the things we need to do that day or just reminiscing about the birth or talking about marriage. These moments together I will forever cherish.
-we also got our monitor all hooked up, put Nathan down to sleep, and were able to actually watch a show together and have some "us" time.
Nathan is eating like a champ! However our nights can get a bit interesting as he tends to get fussy or is wide awake after 8pm. Throughout the night he feeds every 3-4 hours, so I'm able to get some good chunks of time to rest. Something I need to consistently tell myself is to rest when he is resting. I find myself cleaning, picking up, or trying to fit one more thing in before he wakes up so reminding myself to rest is essential right now.










I can't believe he's a week old already! You have an adorable little man.
ReplyDeleteWow, that's so great that Daniel has 5 weeks off! What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're first week with Nathan was a good one and I pray that you slowly get into a "routine"!