Apr 23, 2014

mama, smitten

You may have noticed a little change around here…well, I guess a lot changed.  Even the name!!  

In short, blogging had been on my mind a lot.  Especially while on maternity leave when I had a lot more time to think.  I start to become disenchanted with the blogging world.  There seemed to be so many blog posts that were about products, products, products.  Either companies were giving away products to bloggers, bloggers were creating products, or they were giving their recommendations.  And everything just kind of tasted bitter.  Like it was as if blogging had just become about who you knew, how big your blog was, and what you were giving away or getting for free from companies.  Where was the authenticity in that?

And then I started to wonder, "does anyone even read this blog?"  

And I know that this blog is small and sometimes stay pretty quiet at times, but it is my own little corner of the world to just share my thoughts.  It is therapeutic and beautiful all in one.  

So I thought about deleting this blog altogether for a while, thinking what's the point?

And then Nathan would do something adorable, and my mind would start thinking about things I wanted to share with others, and I realized that that's what my blog is about.  Sharing.  

So I changed the name because I wanted something a bit more personal.  Becoming a mama has truly changed me, always for the better.  It has made me see the world differently.  My outlook is through a new lens, and my identify has shifted.  And. I. Love. Every. Minute. Of. It.

Smitten.  Aren't you just smitten with that word?  Since becoming a mama I just feel smitten about life.  Even the hard things or those winter seasons we go through, I've reacted differently to and through them and at the end am still smitten with this wonderful life I've been given.  

So here on mama, smitten I can promise you that I'll share stories about motherhood, about Nathan, about marriage, about friendships, about food (because I just love it so), about what we're up to.  More importantly, I promise to be authentic and real. 

Welcome, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...