As I type this, I'm sitting on the floor while Nathan plays on his play mat, both hands shoved deep into his mouth, and he is just talking away. And my heart is swelling up with joy. Motherhood takes you into this crazy new world, where you would've never thought your heart could love this much before, and where your baby just grows up one day. And that's where we are…Nathan continues to just grow and change so much, and each new day brings about more joy and love than I ever thought possible.
Growing// Nathan weighs a whopping 15lbs. 6oz…give or take a few. I think I calculated that he gains a pound every two weeks. Yeeks. I was looking at pictures from when he was born, trying to remember the days when he was so little, and it just amazes me how much he has grown in a mere 12 weeks. Nathan also decided to take after all of his grandpas and lost almost all of his hair this month! He has a mini-brim with more hair in the back than on top. But alas! The hair is growing back. It took a while to adjust to a bald baby after having one born with SO much hair, but I think he is adorable no matter how much hair he has on his head.
Eating & Sleeping// Well, Nathan basically loves to eat. He nurses every three hours during the day, and takes a bottle like a champ. This pushed aside a lot of fears as I returned to work this past week. We have gotten into a nice rhythm at night, and Nathan falls asleep so much easier and quicker at night with the consistently of our nighttime routine. Nights have been a.ma.zing and he was sleeping from 8pm to 4am. Last week he decided to start waking up earlier, so now we are back to 1am and 4am feedings. Sleeping during the day is a struggle, and he likes to cat nap instead of taking two nice long naps. There are times he will sleep for a solid two hours, but that is with me holding him. I'm learning to savor these moments and let the undone continue to stay undone while I hold this baby boy.
Loving// Nathan is most definitely a morning person and loves waking up in the morning. As soon as I look over him and say "good morning" he just smiles from ear to ear and starts talking away. He loves smiling and squealing at you as I talk back to him. He loves when mama sings "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "You Are My Sunshine" to him. He loves when daddy comes home from work and blows razzes with him. He loves bath time, especially now that he has figured out how to kick his legs and make quite the mess. Nathan is now rolling over from his belly to his back. He's still on the fence how he feels about this…I'm sure it's his protest of tummy time. Drooling is also a new favorite of his, and he is now permanently in a bib!
Loathing// There's a not a whole lot this happy baby of our doesn't like. He's not a fan of being cradled and would much rather be upright so he can take in all of his surroundings. Naps are something he is still coming around to, as he doesn't like to sleep more than 30 minutes at a time. We also started using the Bumbo and activity seat this past week, both of which he is warming up to.

.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your love note!