May 7, 2014

a weekend of firsts

Take me back to the weekend!  Well, specifically Saturday.  It was a jam-packed family day filled so many firsts for our little bug. 

I went to a running group Saturday morning in Encinitas and convinced the Mr. to bring himself and the babe to me afterwards.  Best decision ever.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, the sky was crystal clear…and someone doesn't need their infant carseat in the stroller anymore!  After our pediatrician visit last week, we got the green light to put him in the stroller (probably because my kid is a giant!).  At first I was a bit worried Nathan wouldn't be a fan.  As per usual Nathan style, he is hunky-dory with everything.  He loved being in the stroller and seeing the world from a different view.  I love how much lighter it is!  

We had our first family trip to the beach for a couple hours.  Nathan even went in the water and didn't scream or cry.  Does this mean he likes it?  Well, he didn't smile but I'll take that any day over a sad baby.  The Mr. is really hoping we have a water baby on our hands since I am not a fan of going into the ocean water.  

Nathan also tried baby cereal for the first time.  Ok, I'm so conflicted over foods for babies right now….there's Baby Led Weaning people who would highly disagree with giving him baby cereal, and then there's me who wants to give my child whole goods.  I did purchase an organic brand that used whole brown rice instead of enriched white rice.  I think it was more for the experience sake.  He took it pretty quickly, but then spit it all back up.  Right now I'm in no rush to move things along!  I will say that he is one neat eater, and totally goes after that spoon-he just loves to eat.  

To end our amazing fun-filled day, we went to our first Padres game as a family of three.  We just so happened to have the perfect outfit to put him in, plus a fedora and shades.  Let's just say that he was the talk of the game.  Girls were swooning over him left and right, and I can't blame them.  He is one super cute kid.  Nathan did so well at the game, which called my anxious mama heart. 

I literally can't wait to see what new adventures we will journey on soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...