Oct 15, 2011

get your fit on p.2

I was talking to one of my coworkers the other day who reads my blog.  She said,  "Of course you would put work out moves on your blog!"  What can I say, I thought it would be pretty fun!  

Here are two more for your enjoyment.  All you will need is an exercise ball and a resistance band.  I picked one up at Sports Authority last year that is 20 lbs. resistance.  I LOVE it and can use it anywhere.  It is seriously a very versatile workout piece which makes me love it anymore.  

Step 1: Place your resistance band around something sturdy.  I'm suing a piece of equipment in my tiny gym.  I've used a tree outside of my house before or a railing on the stairs.  Step back so you have resistance on the band, then bend your knees at a 90 degree angle and hold the band out in front of you.


Step 2: Pull your arms back into a row.  You will want to focus on squeezing your shoulder blades together, bend your elbows, and pull your arms back.  
Tips: Engage your abs while doing this exercise, focus on keeping your knees at a 90 degree angle....I know it's easy to let up a bit but keep pushing yourself, and squeeze those shoulders back to work on your back at the same time.  

Sadly, I can't find the beginning picture of this move but it is once of my favorites for your abs!

Step one: Get into a plank position on an exercise ball.  The tops of your feet will be on the ball and your hands will be on the floor.  Make sure your shoulders are directly over your wrists and your back is straight.  Really keep your abs tight during this move so that you do not sway your back and cause injury.

Step two: Squeeze your abs and pull your knees in towards your stomach.  Then, return to step one.
I really love this move because it really helps me focus on my abs while working my arms at the same time.  
If you really want a challenge, try doing it with just one leg!  

Go get your fit on!

1 comment:

  1. I love working out and I may try some of these! ;) Thanks Love!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...