Jan 17, 2012

first hair tutorial

One thing I really love is doing hair and make-up, especially on other people!  I love trying out new hair styles and just playing.  This week I played around and fell in L-O-V-E with this hair style because I felt so pretty wearing it.  Plus, it was pretty simple and easy.  I have tons of hair and it curls pretty easily so please don't fret if your curls don't stay! 
(P.S. The pictures aren't the best, my bathroom has horrible lighting, but hopefully it gets the job done!)

The little lovelies you will need include:
1-1.5 inch curling iron
headband
bobby pins
comb
round brush
Start by curling your hair.  

Make sure that everything is curled like so.

This is my favorite part...tease the heck out of your hair.  If you don't know how to tease your hair you can look here. Mine never looks smooth afterwards like hers does so I break out the round brush and lightly go over my curls.  The round brush tames the top while keeping the volume.  

So you should have some volume like so.

Grab your headband.  This one I handmade following this flower tutorial.  After I made the flower I hot glued it to a stretchy headband that I get from Target to wear when I workout.  Super simple!!!

I loved the way it looked with just the headband and curls but knew that the curls would get in my face teaching so I pulled the top-half of my hair back and pinned it.  


Gently grab the top half of your curls and smooth them back.  Make sure to leave some volume so be gently when you pull them back.  I have very thick hair so in order to get mine to stay I twist the hair a little bit and then put bobby pins in the twist to make it stay.  A video would explain this a little bit better but I hope you get the gist of it!

You can see the other side of the twist hear.  

Then pull some curls over your shoulders, smile, and say "Cheese"!!!  

Let me know if you have any questions! 
 I hope you try this out and feel extra pretty for the day!!

6 comments:

  1. you are adorable. end of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER cute!! I love this!

    P.S. Stopping by bc I see you're going to the blogger meetup - me too! See you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aren't the hot tools curling irons the best! i just bought mine and totally in love. love your hair tutorial and that headband is so cute on you. cant wait to officially meet you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! my hair is sooo soo thick, but when I curl it, it seems to end up in like, 7 big curls total. Maybe I need to try teasing and smoothing it out! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair and you are beautiful! I wish my hair would hold curls but I don't think it ever will! And cute headband too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...