My mom has always filled my mind with lots of wise says. These include "It's an EGBOK=Everything's Gonna Be Okay", "And this too shall pass", "Fun is my favorite F-word". One of my favorites is her anthem to keep things simple. I have applied this anthem with my makeup and it's the perfect union.
Simplicity+Makeup=Perfection!
The next topic for Makeover Monday is foundation!
I don't consider myself to be a "foundation" wearer. My mom taught me how to put makeup on when I was in middle school as she basked in the glory of her old modeling tips from when she was a teen. The number one thing she told me was NOT to use liquid foundation. She warned that it would clog my pores and give me a "cake-y" look. I always used powder. As I grew older I realized that good ol' powder doesn't quite cover everything up...and then came bareMiners....ahhh, bliss!
Before applying this super easy makeup I cover up any spots with Mary Kay concealer. A little goes a long way, and I use the Max Coverage Concealer brush from bareEsentuals. I love it because it covers up any blemishes I have, and I avoid putting it under my eyes because it makes my little wrinkles look even worse. So we just let the under-eye area go all natural.
I use bareMinerals Matte SPF 15 foundation in golden fair and I am in love. I've been using it for the past 5 years (and I just gasped thinking how fast time flies by!). At first I struggled with the coverage, thinking that I wanted more. But I've grown to love it, it is the easiest to put on, and I even wore it on my wedding day!
Eep! I almost forgot! I love doing make-up for friends and have done several weddings, so I have a "secret weapon". Make Up For Ever Professional line has an HD primer in neutral that I am just in heaven about. I put just a small amount on before applying any makeup and it is the perfect primer for any occasion. If you are looking for something that helps your makeup go on smoother and stay put, this is most definitely it!
Can't wait to read all about what you use!









I also use the Bare Minerals powder foundation :) It's good stuff
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try make up forever soon!! :-) New follower, over from the link up!
ReplyDeletewe're like make up twins with the bareescentuals powder! do you use that primer every day? I've heard awesome things about it!!
ReplyDeleteps thanks for linking up!!
Maybe concealer is the key to bareMinderals because I use to use it and never felt like it covered enough. Thanks for linking up!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOoo I'm gonna have to try that Makeup Forever HD primer!! Sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteI hear Bare Minerals works for so many...I had a hard time with it! You always look beautiful so its workign for you!! :) Love the new header!
ReplyDeleteI have a confession. I took a few of those words of wisdom from my mom. It warms my heart to hear you use them. Love you!
ReplyDelete