Feb 10, 2012

mommy and me concert


I'm a fan of a lot of types of music, but country is my roots.  Growing up included listening to country music non-stop in the car, blaring Shania Twain when I wanted to "feel like a woman", and screaming singing along to Reba.  My mom and I would turn on the radio and just melt into one as we sang along together.  Our car rides are a beautiful memory from my childhood.  

So when she asked to see if I wanted to go to a country concert, for free, I was in!  Then I found out it was an intimate acoustic concert aboard a Hornblower cruise ship and I was double in!  The artist performing was Craig Morgan and to say I was excited would be an understatement.  

We boarded the Hornblower all dolled up and snuck upstairs to catch a glimpse of our gorgeous city.  

We were finally able to maneuver some chairs and find a seat, grab a glass of wine, and catch our jaws before they dropped onto the floor seeing how close we were and how intimate the setting was.  

There he is!  



I fell in love with the acoustic setting and how conversational he was with the crowd.  He even made up a song on the spot with words the audience gave him.  People were up dancing, swaying, and clapping and just happy.  I love happy people.  
Just in case you're unfamiliar of his songs here is one of his currents that always puts me in a little line dancing mood:

7 comments:

  1. When you posted the picture to instagram, I thought she was one of your girlfriends! Your mom is adorable!! Looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw what an awesome night! :) you gals are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Craig Morgan!! It looks like it was a really fun night!! This Ole Boy always makes me want to dance too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is SO awesome!!! Even more awesome because it was on a boat!

    You and your mom are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man that looks like it was so much fun!!! Mommy and daughter dates are the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie...You are too kind. And Jamie...thanks for being my date!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...