I'm back with some fun Makeover Monday finds to share with you and also to tell you how I have been blessed through one in particular.
This week is all about lips, and I keep it pretty basic when it comes to this. If you were to look in my purse my little "lips" pouch has only three items-that's it!
I was always the girl with a new lipgloss in her purse, backpack, everywhere...I had so many that each one ended up looking the same. So lipgloss and me broke up for a bit, and then I found C.O. Bigelow at Bath & Body Works and I was smitten. They're Mentha Lip Mint keeps my puckers moisturized, minty fresh, and adds just a touch of color. This has become my all time go to.
And then a beautiful friend turned me onto Nars lip glass in Orgasm. Oh. My. Word....I love this lipgloss. It is the prettiest color and always makes me feel feminine, and it lasts for quite a while. It is not sticky like many and feels almost natural when you wear it.
For lipstick I'm so excited to share all about it because it is my latest purchase and it touches me deeply. This lipstick is from Radiant Cosmetics, a cosmetic line with a purpose:
Our mission is the help garner awareness for human trafficking by raising funds through cosmetics, to provide resources for those on the forefront of change as well as victims of trafficking.
I just purchased their moisturizing lipstick in "Classic Coral" and am in love but for more reasons than how it makes my lips look. My mom is an amazing woman with a heart to serve other woman. She is currently in an organization that helps other women within the community AND she volunteers at a pregnancy care clinic, all while working full time. Last year the woman's organization raised awareness on human trafficking, specifically women that are victims and getting them back on their feet. My heart breaks that young girls around the world have been victims of this hideous crime. My mom's heart and compassion for others led me to be more conscientious about where I can help.
Around Christmas time my church had a shopping experience where you could come and buy products that helped other organizations, such as orphans, overseas missionaries, and local non-profits. One shop caught my eye not only because their jewelry was stunning, but because all of their jewelry was made my survivors of human trafficking. International Sanctuary is an amazing organization that only wishes to raise awareness but provides education and jobs to victims. Each and every piece of jewelry is made by a survivor. This is the bracelet I bought for myself and I also bought my mom a beautiful one as well.
800,000 people are trafficked globally each year
I am just one girl
and it may not feel like I'm making that big of a difference
but I'm becoming more aware
so that we can make a difference
there is beauty in making a difference.
So, if you're looking for a beautiful bracelet or a stunning lipgloss think about making a difference while finding beauty.









that c.o. bigelow gloss is amazing and i loved the minty freshness of it! and i need to try a nas color. i recently got hooked on sugar, their stuff is amazing. and your mom sounds like an amazing woman! which she clearly passed onto you because you are amazing as well
ReplyDeleteMy cup runneth over with love and admiration for the woman you have become. You are an amazing young woman and I'm so proud of you!
ReplyDeleteAw I love that! What a beautiful person you are (inside and out)! And I LOOOOVE that CO Bigelow stuff AND the Nars gloss (you are a girl after my own heart :)
ReplyDeleteJenna
Jamie this is sooo cool!!!! You amaze me, I am blessed to have you as a friend :) I want one of those bracelets!
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to try Orgasm for awhile now, but always forget to go to Sephora to look at the color in person. The whole peachy/pink either works with my skintone or doesn't. But I've heard wonderful things about this lip gloss!
ReplyDeleteThat bracelet you bought is so pretty! Love all the chain detail.
how cool. you mom sounds amazing! thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAmazing!!! And I firmly believe one person CAN make a different, a big one in fact. And thanks for linking up!!
ReplyDeletewhy are you so dang adorable all the time?! :) way to bust out the red!
ReplyDeleteever since i worked at b&bw in hs, i've been obsessed with co bigelow products! and i love anything nars orgasm-- their blush is amazing, too!! thanks for linking up :) xo
ReplyDelete