So what do you get when you have two teachers on spring break, a week with nothing to do, lots of snacks and coffee, and an itch to take a road trip?
You go to Utah, of course!!!
This is my dear friend Colleen-fellow teacher and pure awesomeness. She grew up in Utah and is always making the trek there to visit her fam. I've always had an itch to see this beautiful state, so we made a date and took a little road trip.
We left the hubbies behind (knowing they'd be able to fend for themselves quite well), packed lots of snacks, magazines, workout clothes, and our sewing machines and headed out on the road.
(Of course, no road trip is complete until you've made a stop at Starbucks for iced coffee AND a shopping detour at a Banana Republic outlet.)
When we got to her mom's house I was astonished that the mountains were covered in snow! This San Diego born and raised girl is not used to seeing snow covered mountains any time during the year, especially in April.
Our first full day there we spent running in the morning and then golfing with her dad. This was my first time golfing-ever. And I can actually say that by hole 5 I could actually hit the ball in the direction I needed it to go the first try! There were lots of embarrassing moments, including missing the ball not once, not twice, not three times, but four times!!!
More snow! I'm a little obsessed.
Golfing was a blast, it was a gorgeous day, and I called the Mr. immediately after exclaiming, "I'm a pro!". He was happy that I liked it enough to think about going with him.
Our next day there we ran a couple errands and I had to indulge in these Easter jelly beans. I have a weakness for Easter candy. Then we hopped into our cars and drove way out into the valley to visit her grandparents and hiked a little around their property.
The car ride was a little over an hour and was filled with lots of exciting things, such as wide open fields of snow, antelopes, and deer!
The way home was not as exciting, and we entertained ourselves by eating lots of snacks.
Colleen's mom is an amazing sewer. That's probably an understatement-she's just so good. She was even generous enough to give us a little lesson and help me make some cute reusable shopping bags. These bags are sturdy and adorable. I couldn't believe that we actually made them!
Our last day in Utah was spent hiking all around Zion National Park.
One word: breathtaking!
So make sure to stop by tomorrow for lots of beautiful pictures from our hiking adventures!














your hair is... PERFECTION. love that top knot too!! haha.
ReplyDeleteSOOOO fun!! I love that you brought your sewing machine with too. Glad you can have a fun and relaxing break - you needed it! and I love your big bun - I want your hair. : )
ReplyDeleteFun! I spent my spring break cleaning..ha! I think you had a better one!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I'm trying to guess which part of Utah you were in but can't... tell me! Ha ha. I've lived all over the state! Zions is amazing! Can't wait to see your pictures!
ReplyDeleteZion National Park is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you had a good time!!
ReplyDeleteAs always, I love your bun. It always looks so good!
Mmmm jelly beans.
What a great week it was!!!! Love you long time :)
ReplyDelete