I keep coming back to this scripture over and over these past few weeks. It is a perfect promise of how God will provide for you, and when you see that promise face to face, all you can do is smile, take a breath, and thank the One that made it happen.
Daniel and I have dubbed this season in our life the "Sweet Season". And for the first time in three years, we can finally say this. There have been lots of moments of joy, but there have also been lots of trials. Many trials. And though these trials haven't seen trivial, they have hurt and challenged us. The past three years I have juggled teaching full time and getting my masters/reading specialist credential. And in just three weeks, we will get to close this chapter of our lives.
And it feels as though a snowball effect has been occurring as our chapter comes to a close.
Last week, this beauty came in the mail.....I officially passed my comp exams. That weekend from, you know where, is now a chapter in the books. (By the way, I'm not a Mr. SDSU.)
Yesterday I turned in my thesis, freshly printed, bound, and shining like a diamond, to my professor. That felt amazing.
And to top it all off, we payed off Daniel's student loans this week as well! That feels like a huge triumph, and all I can say is that I am incredibly proud of my husband and how he has led us financially to allow this to happen. (Now if only mine would disappear!)
So excuse us if you see us doing a little happy dance inside Trader Joe's or walking to the mail box, we are embracing this sweet season with open arms and give all the glory to God!









I love that verse! And honestly, it is one that I needed to read today.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your achievement! :)