Aug 8, 2013

80's & fondue

Go check out my sweet friend's blog to see my modeling debut!  She provides some amazing fall fashion tips (hello blazers & boyfriend jeans) and her blog is a must read.  Check it out here!!
..................................................................................................................

I'm sure that the title of this post surely has you thrown off just a bit, but it sums up the two most amazing things my mom and I took part in this past weekend.  

I am one very blessed girl to have the mom that I have.  We go way back to the days of just the two of us living in a one bedroom apartment, making forts between both of our beds.  I still vividly remember those experiences.  And I don't take this lightly when I say my mom is my best friend.  We share joy and laughter, learn from one another, and also boundaries. 

I've been craving some mommy-and-me time lately, so we packed our bags and did a little staycation Groupon style in downtown San Diego.  And boy, did we luck out using Priceline, because we got an amazing deal at the Westin.  (And can I just for a moment confess my love for this hotel.  They have snacks.  Yes, snacks.  Including dried apricots AND gummy bears.  And they have flavored water.  And I've also heard their gym is phenomenal, including a gear sharing program in case you forgot yours.) 
Once we checked into our hotel and got settled, we made our way to the theatre to see "Mixtape".  This is an 80's tribute musical, featuring every 80's song imaginable in a very fun way.  Let's just say that Tiffany and Madonna were definitely there, as well as an amazing Top Gun mix.  The show did not disappoint and left you wanting to pull on your scrunchie socks and neon spandex, and tease that hair into a side-pony.  



Our night ended as we gorged ourselves at The Melting Pot.  Oh, fondue, where have you been all my life?  This was a first experience for both of us, and I think we are still recovering from the amount of food we ate.  Everything was excellent, including the desserts.  Basically anything dipped in chocolate is amazing, am I right?  


It was bittersweet at the end knowing that this would probably be the last mommy-and-me staycation with no interruptions.  I fully intend to pass along that adorable baby to the Mr. so we can continue to spend quality time together, but while he isn't here I'm going to cherish these moments with my mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...