Aug 13, 2013

half way there...

 I've officially reached the half-way mark in my pregnancy, and tomorrow I'll be at 21 weeks.  It feels surreal that we are half-way there, and at the same time some anxiety swells up inside of me thinking about everything we have to do still. 

This week was filled with lots of emotions.  The knowledge of the cyst definitely made us think in ways we have never had to think before.  Fortunately, God is so amazing.  He wiped away our worries with an angel of a midwife, and calmed our fears.  And in the midst of all of this, I could finally feel our little guy kick!  I officially know when he is moving, and Daniel has even been able to feel him.  It never fails that as soon as we lay down at night, he becomes very active.  And our nights have become filled with my quickly grabbing Daniel's hand so he can feel the kicks amidst tears brimming in my eyes over our sweet little gift.  

Sadly, sleep has become rather difficult and the last month I have struggled to fall and stay asleep.  But the greatest of joys should be arriving in the mail by this weekend...this body pillow!  After much research and going back and forth between a regular body pillow vs. a pregnancy one, we decided to go ahead and make the investment so that we both start getting some good sleep.  Heavens knows that sleeping will only get worse the farther along I am.  
So far, pregnancy is the greatest joy we have experienced and we can't wait to see our baby boy continue to grow!  

Just for fun, here's a blooper from pictures my ever so patient husband took...

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to meet your little guy Jamie. So happy and thankful that your pregnancy has been good so far and that God is watching over you and your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute!! i remember feeling really relieved when I got to 20 weeks! such a big milestone :) and that was probably my favorite part of pregnancy - laying in bed together feeling her kick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I hope you like your pillow! You'll have to give us the full report! :) We usually cram two warm, heavy dogs in our queen-sized bed. I hate those nights where EVERYONE is sound asleep except for me...haha. I think that it is just "a girl thing" in general as my husband rarely has trouble sleeping!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...