Aug 16, 2013

i hope you shine

I'm sure that it's just this little season God has put us in, but finding joy has been hard.  And it is very hard for me to say that.  As one who has always strived to find the bright side, see the beauty, and be happy, this has been a difficult ride.  Me, not smile?  It just doesn't feel natural!  

Yesterday I took the littles I've been nannying to Pump It Up, an indoor inflatable land (aka: heaven on Earth for kids).  I'll admit it, if I had my socks with me, I would've been jumping around up there too.  As I watched them run from one bounce house to another, fall all over the place, and squeal with delight, something started to swell up inside of me.  Maybe it was what the Grinch felt like when his heart grew two sizes larger at the end of the story.  It was a warmth that spread throughout me as I felt the sides of my mouth turn upward.  Their laughter is contagious.  Watching them you couldn't help but feel like a kid again, and it inspired me to find the joy. To find the beauty in life.  To choose to shine instead of letting the worries diminish this light.  

And this week two beautiful memories were made, they were small, and to some they may seem insignificant.  But for me, I don't want to forget these small memories that are filled with bliss, laughter, and joy. 

The other night Daniel was resting his head on my belly talking to our sweet little baby.  He has been rather dormant this week, and the kicks haven't been happening as much as there did last week.  Daniel was growing impatient so he wiggled my belly a tiny bit, and immediately was greeted with a kick in the face.  Smack dab in the face!  It was priceless.  And we laughed for what felt like hours. 

And last night we were on cloud nine because my husband's beloved Duck Dynasty was back on (maybe my beloved as well).  And instead of having all of the serious converstaions that seem to consume our lives lately....mortgage, budget, loan type, HOA fees, yada yada yada...we sat and laughed.  And laughed.  And laughed.  And this laughter just melts away all of the stress of the day, it brings us together, and creates these beautiful memories that I don't ever want to forget. 

So I hope that today you can find a small glimpse of beauty in life today, something that makes you smile, or better yet laugh.  I hope that any stress that is clouding your shine fades away as you embrace the warmth of laughter.  I hope you shine today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...