Aug 9, 2013

{virtual} coffee date

If we were having coffee together this morning I would tell you that this week has been one where I have had to learn more and more about grace.  It seems that the moment I think I have a handle on grace, God shows me even more of what grace looks like.  I woke up Tuesday morning with only one thing on my mind: reading my bible.  It was all I wanted to do.  And it was as if the Lord was calling me to invest some time in Him, and remind me that I've been spending it in other places.  And that time with Him was precious. 

If we were having coffee together this morning I would share that we had a little scare with our little peanut.  Our "big" ultrasound was last week, and the following morning the doctor's office called (which naturally puts anyone in a state of uneasiness).  What we learned was that one marker popped up on our ultrasound, which is a choroid plexus cyst.  It's where the spinal cord fluid enters the brain and a tiny bubble forms.  Naturally, it scared us to pieces but once they reassured us that it was perfectly okay they then had to cover all their bases and scare us once more, telling us that it could be linked to trisomy 18.  All I can say is that my midwife is an angel.  A true angel.  She assured me that everything was perfectly fine with our baby, that all of his organs are developing wonderfully, that his cardiovascular system is perfect, and she just kept saying the word "perfect".  That amidst this little cyst, he was still perfect.  Not flawed, but made more perfect.  And this cyst will dissipate on its own, just. like. that. 

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that I walked into Bath & Body Works on a whim and picked up the most amazing pumpkin smelling candle ever.  I immediately wanted cozy weather, pumpkins galore, fresh baked bread, falling leaves, and apple cider.  Yes, my dears, I'm ready for fall.  And it was all I could do to not buy that candle.  However, as soon as I see a coupon it is top priority! 

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that my patience has been a bit off lately.  I'm usually a pretty patient person, but let me just say...it's been a struggle.  And I was definitely that girl at Redbox last night.  Standing in line while someone couldn't make up their mind, fidgeting like mad because it was driving me crazy, and fighting the impatience swelling up inside of me.  When it was finally my turn I got a piece of my own medicine when the movie I had planned to rent was gone.  Gone!  And then I turned into that person... frantically scrolling through the movies trying to pick something meanwhile ignoring the glooming stares from behind.  So I picked one I had never heard of, but looked like a girly movie, and bolted.  And the movie was terrible.  Lesson learned: work on my patience! 

If we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that this week Daniel has been so amazing.  When we got the news about the cyst he came home from work (which never happens) because he could hear the panic rising in my voice.  He came home and hugged me.  And it was all I needed.  After my little overnight adventure with my mom, I came home to the prettiest gerber daisies ever.  I'm reminded daily of how amazing he is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...