Sep 23, 2011

oh, hello fall!

Did you feel it???
Did you feel the crispness in the air?  Did you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you imagined sipping on a pumpkin spice latte?  Did you see a leaf fall off a tree?

As I was walking to my car tonight I could smell the crispness in the air and feel the coolness upon my skin.  Although we live in sunny San Diego where the only seasons we experience are summer and a mild-fall/winter, I could still imagine the leaves turning colors.  The unexpected rain that occurred today made me jump inside as I imagined curling up inside with tea to get warm.  

I smiled this morning when one of my little students came up and exclaimed, "Today's the first day of fall!"  She was so excited, and I rejoiced realizing I'm not alone!  Yes, me and a five year old may have been the only ones excited at the time...but I know you're excited too.
Fall is here!!!

My Pinterest board is speckled with my love of fall so I wanted to show you what I'm fancying over currently:  
{all images via my Pinterest boards)

When the September Spending Freeze is over, I'm determined to make my trip to Joann's and make one of these.  Now the hard question, which one to make???


I can't wait for scarves!  And jeans!

And boots!  I have the itch to go shopping for boots.  I feel as though October 1st is going to come and I'm going to have to hide my wallet so I don't go out and binge shop.  
Pumpkin pancakes!!!  The husband fell in love with my love of pumpkin when I started making these for "Pancake Sundays".  

Dusted Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread!  My mouth is watering!!!

Gluten free pumpkin muffins will find a perfect home in my tummy :)

And...my homemade pumpkin spice latter.  So, I tried this recipe and this one.  I like the first recipe first so far, but want to play around with the recipe until I get it just right.  

Fall always remind me to be thankful and rejoice in all that we have been blessed with.  
I hope you're as excited about fall as I am!!!




2 comments:

  1. Yay for fall! I love this post... it got me all excited :) I think I will go burn my Pumpkin Spice candle now ;) Love those boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited fall is here!!! It's finally time for cooler weather and holiday decorations! We have kept our fall candle burning constantly. I loooove the clothes you posted. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...