Sep 4, 2011

sweet sunday

Well, well, well...it is always so crazy when I write these posts and look back on what I actually accomplished.  I love "sweet sundays" because they truly are sweet and blissful.  They constantly remind me to look at the positives in life.  And, even though this week was my transition into work and school, it didn't seem to slow me down on what I find joy in.  
Here's what I accomplished, loved, and savored to make this week sweet:
1. Making cookies at 9pm for the husband after hearing he had an awful day at work.

2. Surprising the husband Saturday morning with a "manly" breakfast.  His favorite includes: eggs, hash browns, bacon, and sausage.

I loved hearing him say, "I'm so excited" right before digging in.  (He doesn't know I snuck in some "healthy" bacon, Applegate brand, and some minimally processed sausage :) 

3. I came home Wednesday night to a freshly painted house!  Our ceilings matched the color of our walls and on our "summer to-do list" included painting the ceilings.  I am so lucky that the husband did it all for me!

It completely brightens up our space.  We always used to call our condo "The Cave" because we don't get too much sunlight and the ceiling color boxed the place in.  The white ceilings definitely bring in more light!

AND, he even cleaned everything up!  When I walked in the place looking like this!  The only evidence was all of the painting tools on the back porch, husband's white splotched face and shit, and one dribble spot on the wall. 

4. This week I kept chugging along with the September Spending Freeze.  To say the husband is ecstatic is an understatement and he even joined in as well!  He got his car washed yesterday and told me that he cheated.  I actually thanked him that he did because his car definitely needed the wash!  

5. I got my hair cut this week!  Although I was getting so excited about almost having my long hair back, trimming off a little made it feel much healthier.  It feels like so much more was trimmed off, but it will grow back :) 

6. I created this necklace yesterday after seeing it here...
{Casey Wiegand}
I love how cute it turned out and can't wait to make more for some beautiful friends!  

7. This week was brightened big time by this sweet friend.  She always encourages me, motivates me, and teaches me how to continually believe in myself.  It's crazy how distance doesn't diminish the strength of true friendship.  









3 comments:

  1. I think your blog hates me.. i posted another '1st' comment and it didn't get posted!. Weird!!!
    Anyway... I just said that I am glad that Daniel loved his manly breakfast :)

    Reason #105 why I love Jamie Lafuze: You are the epitome of a a selfless friend! You coming with me on my 20 mile run was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me... especially when I wanted to quit and you pushed me through it! You are seriously amazing! Do I have to share you with others??? Cuz I don't want to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the Marbles are in full support of the spending freeze.. you bring the drinks on Monday and we will provide the rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog is totally "Team Co", I just don't understand why it hates your comments! I loved cheering you on, that's what friends are for! Can't wait for our baking date. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...