Here is the much anticipated guest post from the one and only husband. I do feel as though a caution is needed before you read it. You see, we completely disagree on a couple of these items you will read about...but that's what I love about him. The somewhat dorky yet humorous guy he is. He continually makes me laugh, and I hope you get a good chuckle out of this one.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what's wrong with America? Feelings. Everybody is too afraid to hurt another person or "mother natures" feelings that they don't do what needs to be done. We don't tell people the truth when they need to hear it. Sometimes the truth hurts, but really, just stop being so overly sensitive. As a country, we need to man up and tell people the truth about things. Like:
Crocs.
Crocs are the ugliest items that you could ever put on your feet. Yet somehow they became a huge sensation around the world. Are they shoes? Sandals? I don't know. They are a mistake that wouldn't have happened if America would have told their friends how stupid they looked for wearing them.
Skinny Jeans
If you are a male then you look ridiculous wearing skinny jeans. There is no reason for full grown adults to be wearing skinny jeans. It does not make your butt "look cute". It makes you look like you won the war on anorexia and forgot to buy a new pair of jeans afterwards. You look ridiculous. In a practical sense, they caught off your range of motion and prohibit you from running from a possible rabid dog.
I also feel that as a country we have become overly concerned with the environment. I get that we are saving the planet and all that but at what expense? I know that we have few and precious resources and I don't want to deplete them. Here are two examples of where I feel America has missed the mark as it concerns with the environment.
1. Organic Foods.
I know that everyone is still a little bitter about almost killing off all the bald eagles with pesticides but that was an accident and we've learned from our mistakes. That's not going to happen again. The eagles are doing great now. Another reason people are pro-organics is because its better for you. The way I see it, our health isn't really a factor at all: we're living longer now then in any other time in modern history. So why pay a high premium for foods that have bugs? A little pesticides isn't hurting me or the birds anymore.
2. All Natural Cleaners.
I love nature. I enjoy the outdoors and watching sweet video's like this one.
But, when nature sneaks its way into a bottle and makes false claims about its cleaning power I draw the line. Earlier this week, I started scrubbing the dirt and grime of my cabinet's with a "green" product. I don't know why I paid for it. I could have gotten the same results by filling a bottle full of water and adding green food coloring. It was terrible. So, I went to the store and bought a bottle of "Fantastik" (for $3 less) and it was amazing. Instead of scrubbing the dirt off, all I had to do was wipe/dry it off. Don't get me wrong, I got very light headed and a little dizzy using it but the cabinets are actually clean now. It was worth it.









LOVE this!! So funny! Except for the Organic foods...hehe. Totally agree about the green cleaning products, they don't work at all though!
ReplyDeleteBwahahahaha! Daniel, you just a got even more cool in my book ;) Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThis was so funny!! :) I think Daniel needs to write a post here and there! :) You two are too cute!!!
ReplyDelete