Holy tamale! This weekend was filled with lots of fun and I had family in town. Friday night started off amazingly as I shared wine and cheese with a beautiful friend at a local wine bar. And, I tried a new little spin on my bun:
I made it a little messy and added a braid! I loved it! Plus, it was super easy, I surprised myself.
Saturday morning was a long run day. I only ran 7 miles but knew that that was about all I could do since I didn't run the week before because of our bike ride. I don't know how I did it but I convinced the Mr. to run with me! He has never run further than 4-5 miles, and he did the whole 7 with me. He was kinda cute, too, because he was my personal cheerleader. After each mile he'd tell me my pace and shout out encouragements like "You got this babe". It definitely put a pep in my step.
Then, he came home, sat down...and the reality that he ran 7 miles settled in. His Facebook status stated
My grandma, aunt, and cousins were in town and they all came to our place Saturday for dinner. So I had to scrounge quickly to pick up and give the house a good cleaning. I cooked up a scrumptious meal of stuffed chicken breasts, roasted potatoes, and grilled veggies. I love cooking for my family!
My brother stopped by, too, which was so nice. We may live in the same city but I only get to see him about once every two months. He travels so much for work, going back and forth between here and LA, so the chances we're free is few and far between. I love seeing him and just being around family. I completely forgot how much that kid could eat!
The best part of cooking for your family??? Not having to do the dishes!
Once family left, the Mr. and I had to get gussied up and head downtown for a friends birthday. Even if he refuses to smile I think he's pretty darn cute!
Sunday I was able to go up to my parents house and visit with my cousins before they left to go back to Arizona. I love how my little cousin Jacob wants me to play with him all the time. But, boy, does he wipe you out! There's something magical about being around kids. I just love their carefree attitude, and seeing the world through the eyes of a child is so pure and joyful. Their laughter is contagious. I was so sad to have to return back to the real world Monday and give them hugs good-bye, but I already promised my grandma I'd come visit her over the summer.
Sorry for all of the information overload, there's just so much to share.
Hope you find laughter today!












PLEASE post a video on how to do that bun with the braid. It is SOOO cute!!
ReplyDelete