Mar 15, 2012

{fit friday}:raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

So this post was intended to be posted earlier this week about the things that have been filling my heart with joy.  Then Tuesday went by...then Wednesday...then Thursday...and I thought to myself "Joyfulness if Fitness!"  So, here we go for another fantastic Fit Friday!

Being fit is not just about eating healthy or being physically active, it's about be spiritually whole and complete and taking care of yourself.  I feel my best when my entire body feels wholesome and full.  We can exercise and eat clean as much as we want to, but that won't ultimately bring us happiness.  For me being fit means taking care of my whole self.  

When I saw these pictures I started thinking about one of my favorite songs growing up.  I would sing it around the house, imagining I was dancing around a gazebo in a full-skirt dress, amongst beautiful mountaintops.

"Raindrops on roses,
whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.....
These are a few of my favorite things"

These have been bringing me joy and making me feel fit lately:
{1} Giggling and playing around with my little cousins that were in town a could weekends ago.  I love the pitter patter of Jacob's feet as he chases me around the house, begging to play catch with him.  I love how something so simple can bring about the warmest smile on their faces.  


{2} Wishes granted!  Remember my Wednesday wishes last week????  Well, the following day he surprised me with a juicer!  Shocker!!!  The first thing I asked him was, "Did you read my blog?"  It didn't surprise me when he said no because he rarely reads it, but he knew I've been wanting one for a while.  We broke it in with some fresh orange juice and then following morning I made this green recharger juice.  My body felt amazing all day long!

{3} Having dinner with my in-laws.  Doesn't my brother-in-law sport the beautiful apron so nicely?  

{4} Buying flowers for myself.  Trader Joe's and I have this beautiful relationship.  Well, actually it just takes all of my money-but I get beautiful flowers out of it.  Every time I need a little pick me up, I just take a gander amongst their flowers, decide which of the lovelies will accompany me home, and my day just gets brighter and brighter.  

{5}  This lady!  Meg and I had a little "blogger date" this past weekend up in Temecula, pursuing through antique shops and boutiques.  It was the best way to spend a beautiful afternoon. She is just one of the most down to earth girls I have met, and I loved every second of our day!  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cousins are too cute! The funny face picture is so great.

    And yay for getting a juicer! I want to get one SO BADLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom is OBSESSED with her juicer. she tosses everything and anything into it. enjoy it! but not like my mom. i swear she once tried to give me juice with bread in it. defeating the purpose much, mom?

    happy monday and newest follower!
    xx jes

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...