Apr 11, 2012

hello Easter

Easter is one of my favorite holidays.  It is a beautiful and humbling reminder of who we are in Christ.  I also love looking back each year at my family's traditions growing up.  In fact, our car ride up to our families' church was spent reminiscing about childhood memories of Easter and what traditions we want for our kids one day.  

The Mr. and I go to church at our old home church with our parents and then festivities take place at my in-laws.  Every year my in-laws due the most creative eater egg hunt I've seen.  Inside of the easter eggs are puzzle pieces.  There are three teams competing against one another to find all of their eggs and put their puzzle together.  It's always a blast because there are always problems: we lost eggs, other people re-hid eggs, teams were told the wrong color egg to find, etc.  It is one of my favorite things about Easter though, being together with family and enjoying fun games.  


The Mr. and his brother never surprise me with the different games they can make up on the spot.  This one, for example, was "act like a human cone and catch the hula hoops".  



The next day my mom planned a little wine tasting adventure for the three of us.  Our parents live five minutes from each other so we stayed the night at their house so we didn't have to keep driving back and forth.  Sometimes you just need a little over nighter at your mom's house.  Since we don't have to go out of town to visit family we sometimes lose the nostalgia of waking up in our jammies altogether.  I loved staying at my mom's, going for a long walk with her in the morning while the Mr. slept, making breakfast and coffee together, and sitting and relaxing.  
We headed our for wine tasting, and I think it was my favorite experience thus far.  We took a class on wine making and learned so much!  I've done the bus tours before and this experience really was much better.  The winery we went to was fairly small and doesn't distribute any of their wines.  The "behind-the-scenes" experiences was amazing, but the stories behind each type of grape and why their wines are exclusive to their winery was really eye opening and made your appreciate the wine even more.



Thanks Mom for the perfect day!

3 comments:

  1. All of it sounds heavenly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great weekend :) I totally know what you mean about waking up in your jammies together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome my sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...