Sep 4, 2013

on the last day of summer

Yesterday was the first day of school and summer has officially ended for us.  And as much as I was dreading this day, I'm pretty glad that life is moving on and love the memories we made this summer.  On the last day of summer I was begging for some fun.  It just seemed like all weekend long we had work to do...house work, classroom projects, sewing projects, the list goes on.  So on Monday he could definitely tell that I needed to get out of the house. 

We started off the day with a walk to the Coffee Bean.  This has become a Saturday morning tradition for us, and since we didn't make it on Saturday we decided Monday was perfect.  I absolutely love this time!  While we were out and about we walked to the grocery store to pick up a last minute dinner item and swung by the hardware store.  Can I just say that I love the shopping center by our house, and the fact that we walked everywhere (and were sweating like mad the whole way home).  

Afterwards, my amazing husband labored on with the nursery.  He painted the ceiling while I cleaned the house top to bottom.  And then we power-showered and went to the movies to see We're The Millers.  (Side note: incredibly hilarious!)  At the movies we realized that we were amongst quite an older crowd, which made us feel slightly uncomfortable given the speech in the movie.  

That evening our sweet friends came over for dinner with their adorable little Sophia.  And my heart melted into a puddle all over the floor when I looked over and Daniel was making Sophia giggle and smile, and the smile on his face matched hers.  I don't know how I'll manage once our little guy is here, I'm sure I will continually fall in love with this man all over again.  

And at the end of the day, my heart was happy knowing that we were productive, that we spent quality time together, invested in our marriage, and spent time with wonderful friends.  I was able to seal off summer and dive head-first into my 5th year of teaching! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...