Sep 20, 2013

this soup is my hero

via
Wednesday was a day.  

And that means it was a day that I'm glad is over and done with.  

I've been a bit more emotional this week (no clue why???), feeling overwhelmed, and then attended a meeting at work that just didn't go as I assumed they would've wanted. 

My better half, Daniel, was busy at home on his day off gathering paperwork to submit for escrow.  And suddenly a very important document was missing, and he searched the entire house for it with no luck.  Deciding to get out of the house for some fresh air, he realized that the closet doors we wanted for the nursery don't come in the size we need.  So he continued back home to find out that the HOA is making us get rid of our barbecue.  

Needless to say that by the time I got home, we were both fizzled out.  Frustrated.  Exhausted.  And running on fumes.  

So we got out of the house and ended up at Panera for dinner (my absolute favorite), where I tried out their autumn squash soup.  This.  Soup.  Will.  Save.  This creamy, savory, and delectable soup just melted all of our worries, it made me stop and slow down, take some deep breaths, and know that these worries that fill our mind will soon melt away.  I know I'm going pretty far by saying that this soup has magic powers, but for me, it felt magical.  It tasted like fall, and comfort, and home.  

And we ended the evening with a walk around our neighborhood, neither of us wanting to go home and return to the mess that we left behind.  

Now I'm dying to make this at home, and am hoping that this recipe will do the trick.

2 comments:

  1. I believe in the powers of magic soup. Or just comfort food in general. I hope everything gets better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jamie,
    My heart feels for you friend. I hope things turn around for the better quickly. I hope the important document turns up, and I hope the rest of your work week went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...