Jul 14, 2011

29 miles defeated

Daniel has the week off so we decided to venture out yesterday for a bike ride.  His aunt and uncle constantly rave about this ride, so we decided we had to try it out.

To San Clemente!

From Las Pulgas Rd. in Oceanside.  
The day was absolutely gorgeous.  Not a cloud in sight.

Bike path was extremely nice, clearly marked, and very smooth.  

The hills were killer!  Especially close to the beach.  We may have gotten a little turned around once in San Clemente, so when we finally found the pier we were very happy, and so were our tooshies!
15 miles done!

Now, time for lunch.  At first I didn't think I was that hungry.  

Then lunch came, and I scarfed it down!  A yummy vege sandwich was now sitting in my belly.

Then we had to head back, and what was that in front of us?

Only a huge hill.  

By the time I got to the top I was regretting my lunch 100%

But we pedaled on, didn't get lost, and made our way back safe and sound.
We road along the coast for a majority of the ride.  The water was bluer than ever.  And, the husband got completely distracted when we saw a Marine Corps helicopter landed right in front of us.
We couldn't have asked for a better ride.

Maybe less hills next time ;)
via Google Maps

Our total distance was 29 miles!  The longest ride we have done thus far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your love note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...