My husband loves my cooking, especially all the healthy stuff! Really?!?! (I know you must think I'm joking right now!) He does love my cooking, but I think he is just more excited that someone actually cooked for him so he doesn't have to do any work. One thing we make together that he absolutely loves is pizza. We have perfected it beautifully. Or so we thought. My dear friend Colleen is always raving about her pizzas she cooks on the barbeque. I figured we had to give it a try. Our pizza making just got kicked up a whole new level!
We started with the best ingredients:
Marinara sauce
TJ Chicken sausage
fresh basil
asiago
sauteed zucchini and peppers
sun dried tomatoes
mozzarella cheese
While I worked on the ingredients Daniel rolled out and tossed his pizza dough (TJ Whole Wheat dough). Then we fired up the grill and got it pretty hot. We followed these directions.
Once one side was done cooking, it only took 2-3 minutes, we pulled it off the grill and added the ingredients. The pizza went back on the grill, uncooked side down, and grilled it for 4-5 minutes. Just long enough for the cheese to melt and the dough to turn a nice golden-brown color.
Daniel was slightly skeptical about the whole process, but when he open up the grill he had the biggest smile on his face!
Daniel's finished pizza:
I actually made a gluten-free pizza using Udi's dough. It is one of the best doughs I have tried yet, and it turned out perfectly on the grill. We had ours with a side of mediterranean quinoa salad. I LOVE this salad that I found at The Daily Garnish! Daniel even liked it, too.
The grilled pizzas were our best yet! They were quick and easy. I love using the outside barbeque this time of year because it makes less of a mess in the kitchen. Plus, while Daniel is outside at the grill I can clean the dishes inside. When we finish dinner the only dishes we have left are our plates! Also, the pizza crust was nice and crispy. We prefer thin crust pizzas, and grilling it made the crust turn our perfect!







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your love note!