Welcome to a new feature on my blog! After writing an honest blog about letting go of negative thoughts that take over, and pressing on for a more purposeful life, I decided that each Sunday I would reflect. Reflect on things that I have succeeded at this week, accomplished, loved, or that just make me plain happy. Each Sunday check back here for my top 7 "sweets" of the week. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!
1. Date night with my love! We went on the perfect date night this past week filled with trying out a new (amazing) pizza place, driving by beautiful oceans, quality time, and Sprinkles Cupcakes!!! It doesn't get better than that!
2. Lunch date with momma! Anytime I spend with my mom is magical. We can talk for hours if we had the opportunity! (Oh, and I was playing around on Piknic with these pictures...)
3. Trying out a new hairstyle that was super quick and easy! Thanks Heather for the inspiration. Hopefully I'll remember what I did so that it can become my go-to look for those mornings I'm too tired to spend 25 minutes curling/straightening before work.
I know that picture is a little hard to see, but I might post a tutorial on what I did a little later so you can get the scoop!
4. Accomplishing everything on my to-do list Friday!!! I did have one item that didn't get done so I moved it over to my "house to-do before summer ends" list. On the left is my list of things I want to finish around the house before going back to work in a couple of weeks. This week I did 2 of them, and tomorrow we are tackling even more. I LOVE LISTS! (And I also have a slight obsessions with post-it notes.) Lists help me stay focused as well as show myself that I was productive.
5. Realizing that by moving one lamp in our living room finally brought the entire room together! Whew-it's crazy how one little change makes such a huge difference.
6. Finally making an earring holder! I used an old frame, screen door fabric I bought at Home Depot, and a staple gun. It took me 5 minutes! You can see it here!
7. Saving $25.30 today at JoAnn's!!!! This makes me want to jump up and shout! They had some great deals going on, plus my 20% off coupon, so I stocked up on all the necessary supplies I need for future projects.
All in all, this week was a sweet success!











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your love note!