This past weekend we ventured out to Vegas to visit the Mr.'s cousin and his girlfriend (who was celebrating her birthday). As much as I love traveling, it was one of those trips where you come back saying "I need a vacation from my vacation". We ate way too much, walked everywhere, laid by the pool, and enjoyed each other's company like none other.
We left so bright and early, so I was definitely the one driving the first half. Checking in by 10:30am?!?! Yes!
Friday we spend walking around and sight seeing. I just love the inside of the Bellagio so much. I feel like I'm in Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory and a fairy garden, it is just so pretty.
That night we got all dolled up for a scrumptious dinner at Nine Fine Irishmen. I splurged and had the shepard's pie (which I had never had before) and my taste buds were celebrating a victory. Why had I never had this before??? After we found Colleen!!!! Her and her husband were there, too, and seeing a friendly face was the best. My brother's girlfriend was visiting Vegas, too, so we were able to spend some time with her that night as well. It was a very popular weekend to be there!
One of the prettiest views was the water show in front of the Bellagio but from inside the lounge Hyde. You can see Paris directly across and even feel some mist spraying you from the show. It was an amazing sight.
After dinner the Mr. instantly spotted the Red Bull cars and decided to do anything he could to get his hands on some (which included some booty shaking in the middle of the street). It was kinda cute. He was definitely a happy camper after.
Saturday started off with a belly-busting brunch buffet at the Aria. Holy food. I ate way too much and then squeezed into a bathing suit, not the best idea. But by the time I was by the pool, bathing in the sun and in full relaxation mode, I was set. It was gorgeous weather all weekend long, and the pool was incredibly relaxing. Aahhh!
Only in Vegas do you pay $3.50 for just a cup of coffee-but it was much needed!
Saturday night we got cutesied up again and went to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's Cucina and Pizzeria. The Mr.'s cousin was staying at the Aria which was a beautiful hotel, so we had to make the most of it and pose outside. The front is just so breathtaking.
Sunday morning we slept in a bit (so nice) and then headed to lunch before we said our farewells. We loved seeing Brent and Savannah, especially since the Mr. and his cousin are so close. However, I was definitely ready to come home and exercise and get back into a normal schedule with some good, clean food. I like Vegas but it's just not my cup of tea. You see, we don't gamble, and clubbing is just not me. We tried one out and I was so uncomfortable that I was crawling in my skin. I do love walking around all of the hotels that are decorated so amazing and ooohh and aaahh at all of the high end shops.
Coming home was a crazy experience, and there will definitely be a post coming soon about that!



















Looks like a blast!!! Sometimes vacations are just so needed - even if it's just to lay by the pool for a few hours! :)
ReplyDeleteI am running a half marathon in Vegas in Sept - it will be my first time there.
PS: TAKE ME SHOPPING you are always SO cute!!
you look beautiful!! i love that dress! glad you had a good time. i've never been to vegas - would like to see it, but would probably feel the same way as you. have a good rest of the week!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a fun weekend!! Both tops from your first day/night there are SOOOO cute!! Can we swap clothes please?!?!
ReplyDeleteAnd ummm the picture of you and your hubby making funny faces...I JUST noticed that there's a guy's nose and tongue in the picture too. WOAH! hahaha