Remember my little sweet and sour week? Well, I'm so happy to finally be out of the funk and waking up with a smile on my face.
Maybe all of the heat in Palm Springs helped me sweat it out.
But I just feel so incredible happy, peaceful, content.
This weekend was amazing, and there wasn't anything in particular that we did. In fact, the Mr. had to work the whole weekend. But I took some "Jamie time" and sanded and painted, and covered myself in paint, and sweated like crazy, and come Sunday night I was able to cross another item off my Summer Bucket List!
I decided to be a little adventurous with our dining room table and paint it! The table is white and the chairs are light blue. It's not completely done, and I'm actually not that happy with the chair colors, but I think I'm going to work on them a bit more and see what happens.
I searched high and low for a before picture and couldn't find a good one. Our table was a hand-me-down from our great aunt. I finally decided to just go for it and got to business on Saturday.
This was my first ever project like this. As I was doing it I felt like a true DIYer! And, I was covered head to toe in forest green paint, primer, and blue paint!
I promise to keep you updated once it is completely done! I'm going to seal the table and am thinking about roughing up the edges of the chairs to see if that helps at all.
Well, on Sunday after I painted all day I went to Target and Trader Joe's (my two favorite places) and they did not disappoint. Some of my favorite purchases: a new planner, Bossypants, salmon, and kettle corn. I was determined to make a scrumptious dinner, which I did (recipe coming tomorrow). Then, as if I couldn't do any more in my day I decided to sweep and mop all of the floors to create a sparkly clean surface for the new table and chairs to inhabit. And then-dessert! Four little words: Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread. Heavenly!! I think I finally sat down at 10pm, but didn't regret it one minute as I looked over at everything I had done throughout the day.
On a completely separate and random side note, my friend handed over a beautiful zucchini to me. One would ponder what all you could do with such a large zucchini. Me? Never! In fact, I made three separate recipes from this one zucchini and will be sharing them tomorrow will you all!








nice job! The chairs look brand new!
ReplyDeleteCute cute cute!!! Looks great!
ReplyDeletewww.adashofrobs.blogspot.com