Happy Saturday lovelies!!!
If we were having coffee together I would just gush on the fact that I finally broke down and bought a milk frother, and may I just say it was the best money ever spent! The picture above wasn't used with it, clearly that is no foam at all. This baby makes foam. Real foam. And it instantly makes my kitchen feel like a buzzing coffee shop. When you are ready for a homemade tea latte, come on over!!!
If we were having coffee together I would share with you that back to school night was probably the smoothest it has ever been. There is something special about this group of parents. Over the summer I was having a very difficult time with getting motivated to go back to work this school year. I really relied on God and He is ever faithful. All of the parents were so amazing, supportive, warm and left me feeling all sorts of loved afterwards. I'm pretty excited for this school year!!!
If we were having coffee this morning I would confess that I have a problem. A bread problem. It all started with the gluten free mango banana bread. And then there were these beautiful zucchinis just sitting in my fridge so I decided they couldn't go to waste. Hospitality has been on my heart, so I decided to bake some chocolate chip zucchini bread for my neighbor and my director to brighten their weeks. I really want to try to share the love and push myself out of my comfort zone to show God's love. Well there was one mini loaf left, and throughout the course of the week I've eaten almost the whole thing to myself. And I've given myself an utterly horrible belly ache because of it. Note to self: lay off of the baking for a while :)
It we were having coffee this morning I would tell you that our cat is a funny character. We have actually been having a difficult time with regards to keeping her with the baby coming. She is cute as can be, but she is also crazy bipolar. She likes to bite, nip, and scratch you. She also has a couple other unfriendly characteristics, and we just knew it wouldn't be right to have that around a baby. Originally we thought about giving her to a shelter, but my heart just couldn't deal with it. So in the meantime we are trying to love on her, breathe in the adorable moments (like when she lays in the funniest ways when we get home), and pray about what to do. We are hoping to find a family to adopt her, but have no idea where to go from here.
If we were having coffee together this morning I would share that I've been trying to be more productive this week, and it feels good. All summer long we have been in a huge flux situation with where to live, and I promise I will be back on Monday with an update to that! So I haven't done anything that I wanted to get done before going back to work. Now that things are finally settling down, I can finally start crossing items off one-by-one. I've had a vision for a while to hang antique plates above the mirror in our dining room to add some character. After I went to the flea market a couple months back and found the plates, I was just waiting to finally hang them. Originally I wanted to hang them above the frame, but as I was cutting out circles from newspaper (because I finally took my time hanging things on walls) I decided to go a little bit more creative. We taped the newspaper circles up to see how it would look and the husband give it a thumbs up. In no time at all were the plates hanging up and my heart was delighted with joy to have this lovely little spot now.
If we were having coffee together this morning I would tell you that today we are going to Home Depot to paint the nursery!!!! I'm so excited and can't wait to have it finally painted and start moving things in. More to come!!!







Which frother did you buy? My husband and I are on a constant hunt for one that actually works!
ReplyDeleteYay, I'm so glad back to school night went well :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh... those breads sound AMAZING! Please share the recipes with me??
Can't wait to see pics of the nursery!
ReplyDeleteSO happy that back to school night went so smoothly! And those little goodie bags are so cute! What a fun idea to give to your new students. :)
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh! i can totally relate to the consuming baked goods issue. this happens to me all the time. im' so much better off if i DON"T bake. :/ oh my poor self-control problems. seriously though. such a great idea to give a gift to neighbors. i need to show Jesus' love more often in these kinds of ways.
ReplyDeletehappy painting!! :)
xo